gunsmithing schools
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > gunsmithing schools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default gunsmithing schools

I was wondering how many of you guys have been to a gunsmith school? I have been looking at going to one since I have been out of the service. right now the one I think I might go to is the colorado school of trades. I got the information from them and talked to the person in charge of talking to the applicants, it seems like a good school. I was wondering what schools any of you have been to, or would recommend? thanks guys.

"the tree of liberty has to be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants...."

"on the seventh day god created the model 700 for killing dinosaurs."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-05-2008, 01:54 AM   #2

I went to CST, graduated in '98. My house is about ten minutes away and I drop in once in a while to do engraving demos and such. I'm very happy with the education I got there even though I only do a bit of 'smithing now. The school does help with job placement if you are wanting to work for someone else.

Shoot me an email if you want to talk more about it.

David

David Clevinger
www.dcengraving.com

Old 12-05-2008, 11:46 PM   #3

I talked to sunny there sor about two hours, when I first got out of the service. she was very helpful with everything. I was working at a body shop for a while, trying to get my truck paid off but I dasnt making enough money to do that let alone move halfway across the country and flop down first and last months rent. so I moved down here to virginia and got a jobe where they are gonna send me to school for machinist, or to be an electrition. which ever I decide to choose. I would love to go now that the bills are paid off and I've got some money set a side. but I make a good living here. if I could turn 50,000 I would. but im not sure that is really feasible, can I make that much?

"the tree of liberty has to be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants...."

"on the seventh day god created the model 700 for killing dinosaurs."

Old 12-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #4

There is potential to make that much and maybe more....but it will take time. Even after you get out of school there is still a lot to learn and employers know that so you won't start out any where near 50k. Maybe 30k in the right area with the right company. Even if you go into business for yourself, it takes a several years to get your skills and reputation up to the point where you can make good money.

David

David Clevinger
www.dcengraving.com

Old 05-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2986 Times on 1720 Posts
Likes Given: 1279

JoeDS, I noticed that every one of your posts keep referring to the same website.
May I suggest that if you are trying to sell a product, that you register as a vendor?

To post like you have makes you look like a spammer to me.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
JoeDS, I noticed that every one of your posts keep referring to the same website.
May I suggest that if you are trying to sell a product, that you register as a vendor?

To post like you have makes you look like a spammer to me.
and some of the posts are even four and five years old.