Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   gunsmithing schools (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/gunsmithing-schools-8935/)

dicky0331 12-04-2008 10:05 PM

gunsmithing schools

I was wondering how many of you guys have been to a gunsmith school? I have been looking at going to one since I have been out of the service. right now the one I think I might go to is the colorado school of trades. I got the information from them and talked to the person in charge of talking to the applicants, it seems like a good school. I was wondering what schools any of you have been to, or would recommend? thanks guys.

dclevinger 12-05-2008 01:54 AM

I went to CST, graduated in '98. My house is about ten minutes away and I drop in once in a while to do engraving demos and such. I'm very happy with the education I got there even though I only do a bit of 'smithing now. The school does help with job placement if you are wanting to work for someone else.

Shoot me an email if you want to talk more about it.

David

dicky0331 12-05-2008 11:46 PM

I talked to sunny there sor about two hours, when I first got out of the service. she was very helpful with everything. I was working at a body shop for a while, trying to get my truck paid off but I dasnt making enough money to do that let alone move halfway across the country and flop down first and last months rent. so I moved down here to virginia and got a jobe where they are gonna send me to school for machinist, or to be an electrition. which ever I decide to choose. I would love to go now that the bills are paid off and I've got some money set a side. but I make a good living here. if I could turn 50,000 I would. but im not sure that is really feasible, can I make that much?

dclevinger 12-06-2008 03:59 PM

There is potential to make that much and maybe more....but it will take time. Even after you get out of school there is still a lot to learn and employers know that so you won't start out any where near 50k. Maybe 30k in the right area with the right company. Even if you go into business for yourself, it takes a several years to get your skills and reputation up to the point where you can make good money.

David

danf_fl 05-05-2014 09:47 PM

JoeDS, I noticed that every one of your posts keep referring to the same website.
May I suggest that if you are trying to sell a product, that you register as a vendor?

To post like you have makes you look like a spammer to me.

Axxe55 05-05-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1570757)
JoeDS, I noticed that every one of your posts keep referring to the same website.
May I suggest that if you are trying to sell a product, that you register as a vendor?

To post like you have makes you look like a spammer to me.

and some of the posts are even four and five years old.