Gunshow craziness
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gunshow craziness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gunshow craziness

I went to the CADA gunshow outside Chicago yesterday. The number and quality of guns were down quite a bit. Prices were so ridiculous there was no point in even talking. Example: Model 42 deluxe modified $8500. Just nuts. One guy was selling meteorites for 3k, on sale from 5k. Has gunbroker killed the gun shows?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #2

I've always seen gunshows as a gamle in all respects, including what you might find there. I go for the entertainment value and if I find something on my list at a good price I spring for it. Usually, I come out empty handed but smiling just the same - sometimes for the good time and sometimes because it was a bust, like you mentioned. So, do I blame the online aucions? No. In fact, at the York, PA, gun show a couple of months ago I was pleasantly surprise at the availability of older Remington firearms though some were far overpriced. Don't be discouraged buddy. Life's too short as I was reminded this past week when my beloved father-in-law passed away. Live on and smile (sorry - did't mean to be preachy).
Later,
Chiz

Old 05-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #3

I hear you ironhat. Lots of good looking guns but I won't even bother to go next year. I was there for two hours and did not see a single gun get sold.

Old 05-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 700 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

It's always hit or miss. Getting there when the door opens the first day sometimes will net a good buy. Sometimes getting there the last hour of the last day will net a good buy. In between I rarely find anything.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:13 AM   #5

We have some pretty decent gun shows here in Texas.

If the dealers were overpriced, and not selling, next time they will either have better pricing or not show up.

I often go to a show not expecting to bring anything home. Just seeing all the other firearm enthusiast in one place gives me a boost and helps me to keep on working on trying to improve our gun laws and get folks shooting.

I also enjoy finding that piece of history or that new product that I may have never seen before.

What was the price of a table at that show? The promotors may have priced tables to the point that the dealers had to raise prices to cover.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #6

Just 90 bucks

Old 05-07-2007, 09:40 PM   #7
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 700 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR .45 View Post
We have some pretty decent gun shows here in Texas.

If the dealers were overpriced, and not selling, next time they will either have better pricing or not show up.

I often go to a show not expecting to bring anything home. Just seeing all the other firearm enthusiast in one place gives me a boost and helps me to keep on working on trying to improve our gun laws and get folks shooting.

I also enjoy finding that piece of history or that new product that I may have never seen before.

What was the price of a table at that show? The promotors may have priced tables to the point that the dealers had to raise prices to cover.
Do you go to gunshows in any other cities besides DFW? If so what are your favorites?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:15 AM   #8

Likes Given: 2

Default They aren't what they used to be...

A lot of the gun shows are starting to resemble garage sales. I sometimes find a gun I like (and sometimes can afford), but a lot of the time I pick up reloading supplies, such as cast lead bullets and such.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:51 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I never buy guns at gun shows. The prices are rarely better, and often worse than at the stores. I go to the shows to buy small parts, magazines, and ammo.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #10

Well we have pretty good shows here in northern VA. Stores want me to pay around $1180 for a new Springfield EMP. At the big gun show here recently I got it for $950. An H&K USP46c in stores is about $850-$900. I got it for $760. I prefer to patronize local stores, but at some point I also have to save myself a couple of bucks. Bulk ammo is also a good gun show buy. No cheaper than online, but no shipping.