Guns 101-Hollywood - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Guns 101-Hollywood

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

A gun in each hand is an effective way to shoot multiple people.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #22
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6175 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 6554

LAWs work well against fixed wing aircraft movong 300+ Plus MPH

Hip fired 50cal Ma deuce can wipe out a whole platoon while running with it

Improved Fighting positions just appear out nowhere without a shovel in sight

Military Vehicles can drive right through a brick wall with a gunner in the hatch and both still work fine after

A guy with shorts, a tshirt and a pistol somehow has places to hide hundreds of rounds and can fight for hours without reloading.

Sly Stallone can get paid half a billion dollars to glamorize military like strikes against anything that moves with Military style weapons but says they are too dangerous for us to have!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #23

Liked 1001 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 648

When you get shot with a handgun, you go flying 30 feet backwards.

In spite of thousands of rounds being fired, no one gets shot, but somehow the tire managed to get shot out at 50 MPH. (EVERY episode of the A-Team. In only 1 episode do I recall anyone getting shot, and they didn't even show it happening, only after.)

You can keep a firm hold on a 1911, and reach up with your thumb to cock the hammer. Uhhhh, can you? Seems unlikely from the handguns I have held and shot, never had my hands on a full size 1911.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #24

Liked 388 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You can successfully engage moving targets at distances greater than 25 meters with any handgun, including a snubby. You have no trouble engaging bad guys equipped with rifles and SMG's with a handgun. Every shot's either a kill shot or a disabling hand or shoulder hit. Any good guy can throw any knife and bury it in Mr. Bad Guy's chest, first time, every time.

Last edited by Donn; 03-11-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #25

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

"Bullet proof" vests stop rifle rounds.

spray a handgun bullet with teflon and it becomes "armor piercing"

Mel-Gibson's character "Riggs" in Leathal Weapon does not know what a hollow point bullet is. (says he's carrying around a special hollow point to take his own life, because he feels suicidal after losing his wife in the first movie...but when the camera focuses in on the "special bullet" it's just a FMJ copper bullet.)

I need to practice a LOT more, because the guys in movies can quick draw with a short revolver and hit a guy in the forehead from 50+ yards away. and never miss.

But Thankfully, bad guys can't aim worth a crap, since the good guy can clear a building by himself, taking out 10-20 bad guys all by himself, and never gets shot, despite being shot at with full auto guns, and all he has to fight back with is a handgun.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #26

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Sorta been mentioned before, but when shooting at cars the bullets bounce off that special detroit sheet metal (or fiberglass). Was watching a movie this weekend where hiding behind an oil drum protected you from M-16 fire. Also, never understood why, when the bad guy was just hiding around the corner of a house/building, one doesn't just shoot through the sheetrock to bag 'em.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2864 Times on 1664 Posts
Likes Given: 1691

Nearly every shot from the "good guys" CC weapon is an immediately fatal blow.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8958 Times on 3879 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

Hand grenades have the yield of a small nuclear weapon.

Opposing armor forces never lock the hatches on their tanks- so it is easy to board a moving armored vehicle, open the hatch, and chuck a grenade inside.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
Sorta been mentioned before, but when shooting at cars the bullets bounce off that special detroit sheet metal (or fiberglass). Was watching a movie this weekend where hiding behind an oil drum protected you from M-16 fire. Also, never understood why, when the bad guy was just hiding around the corner of a house/building, one doesn't just shoot through the sheetrock to bag 'em.
Only place I ever saw this happen was in the 2nd season of "24", Jack Bauer was recovering some info from one BG's house and a female BG impersonating an FBI agent engaged him in the house, she hid behind a column on a staircase and Jack shot through the column and killed her. I cheered cause it was something they got right.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I saw a tv show where the guy was acting like he was shooting while the slide was locked back. There was still gunshot sounds! Geez my 13 yo daughter noticed too.