Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   GunBroker.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/gunbroker-com-81688/)

CourtJester 01-18-2013 03:40 AM

GunBroker.com

Never bought or sold anything with them. Paid my $1.00 fee and now have this. Now I'm trying to sell and I get this...

Quote:

Your account has been flagged by the GunBroker.com security system as suspect. The information you entered could not be verified by our service.

In order to verify your identity please send us a copy of your driver's license and a current utility bill. Please fax this information to 770-573-3671 or email the information to CSFAX@gunbroker.com.

If you have further questions please contact customer support about your account.

Anyone have a story on this???

ScottA 01-18-2013 03:41 AM

I found it to be a piece of cake to work with. Never saw anything like that.

Mosin 01-18-2013 03:45 AM

Oh noez!!! It's the new bill!!!! Remember when you were 14 and took adderall? You DONT remember because you're a bumbling, fumbling menace to society!!!!!

bobski 01-18-2013 03:48 AM

they are charging you to be identified.
many hate them for this.
why?
they own the agency that verifies you! its their buck they get from you!

walk away from them.
i sold on gb for over 11 years faithfully. i was one of their first sellers.
one day a very corrupt person on staff with gb decided to boot me off and yanked my account because he didnt like a comment i made on how he should fix his business. he told me the 550.00 i made him wasnt enough to justify keeping me a seller on his website. what nerve, after i brought thousands to that website for him.
i wont give that website the time of day.
i fully support any boycotts of gb and will give my testimony on demand, until ive sucessfully steered thousands away in return.
just click gunbroker su**s on google and see for yourself.
try a much older and better website... www.gunauction.com.
easier and simplier.
much friendlier.

CourtJester 01-18-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobski
they are charging you to be identified.
many hate them for this.
why?
they own the agency that verifies you! its their buck they get from you!

walk away from them.
i sold on gb for over 11 years faithfully. i was one of their first sellers.
one day a very corrupt person on staff with gb decided to boot me off and yanked my account because he didnt like a comment i made on how he should fix his business. he told me the 550.00 i made him wasnt enough to justify keeping me a seller on his website. what nerve, after i brought thousands to that website for him.
i wont give that website the time of day.
i fully support any boycotts of gb and will give my testimony on demand, until ive sucessfully steered thousands away in return.
just click gunbroker su**s on google and see for yourself.
try a much older and better website... www.gunauction.com.
easier and simplier.
much friendlier.

I'll give them a shot. Thank you.

chuckusaret 01-18-2013 06:19 PM

I have enjoyed many transactions thru GB but I have also experienced some very bad transactions that were reported. The one that comes to mind was a S&W model 10 that was pictured and described to be in 90 to 95% condition but when received was in 30% or less with no recourse.

hiwall 01-18-2013 07:41 PM

I have sold many gun parts on GB with no problems. If they sent me the note they sent you, I would tell them to go somewhere.

Chainfire 01-18-2013 08:30 PM

I have yet to sell anything there, but have bought upwards of 30 guns from the site. So far, everything has gone very well with the exception of one seller that took three weeks to mail me my gun.

GB must be the worlds largest gun shop, personally I am glad they are there.

StainlessSteel215 01-18-2013 08:42 PM

About to sell my .223 pistol on there tonight. Bought 2 guns on there with flawless transactions, but creating my seller account for the first time tonight. Ill post an update if I hit a snag