Gun violence on the front page, knive violence on the back page
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun violence on the front page, knive violence on the back page

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Gun violence on the front page, knive violence on the back page

Whenever violence involves a gun the media comes forth with front page bolded headlines that include statistics, candle light vigils, political statements on how gun laws are inadequate, etc. However when other forms of violence occur there doesn't seem to be the coverage.

Buried in the "D" section of my local liberal newspaper is two stories about knife violence. Stuck down in the corner and about 200 words each you can read about a man who went on a rampage and killed 4 people with a knife and another about a man who killed his two kids with a knife. And these weren't tactical Cold Steel Tantos used in war far designed to kill babies in their sleep...No these were Kitchen knives.

Hmmph....wonder when legislation will be inacted to control the purchase of Kitchen utensils?

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #2

Liked 2502 Times on 1124 Posts
Likes Given: 2409

Did you ever notice that no matter what kind of violence they are reporting on TV they always have a pic of gun on the screen?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I am well past disgusted with the media. I have given up any hope of fair reportage whatsoever. The left no longer controls the media, the left IS the media.

There are only a few meager exceptions in the mass media. Thank goodness for the internet. However, the left has been steadily assaulting it and pushing to regulate it and I expect them to be at least partly successful too.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #4

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I was reading about the recent bank robber/hostage taker that was killed by the police. The news article had to be specific and write that the robber was shot and killed by the police using an AR ASSAULT RIFLE.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
Whenever violence involves a gun the media comes forth with front page bolded headlines that include statistics, candle light vigils, political statements on how gun laws are inadequate, etc. However when other forms of violence occur there doesn't seem to be the coverage.

Buried in the "D" section of my local liberal newspaper is two stories about knife violence. Stuck down in the corner and about 200 words each you can read about a man who went on a rampage and killed 4 people with a knife and another about a man who killed his two kids with a knife. And these weren't tactical Cold Steel Tantos used in war far designed to kill babies in their sleep...No these were Kitchen knives.

Hmmph....wonder when legislation will be inacted to control the purchase of Kitchen utensils?
The government doesn't care if we have knives, as long as they have the guns. It's all part of the brainwashing against guns to make the public think that guns are bad, only bad people and lunatics carry guns, the ordinary person doesn't need a gun, only cops should have guns etc, etc. In the eyes of leftist, you can have as many knives as you want, just no guns.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:49 AM   #6

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
Dont give 'em more ideas......

Old 07-05-2011, 02:14 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

In England most knives are illegal too. And carry your Spyderco on a New York subway with the clip showing and see what happens. Heck, the other day I had to go the the Social Security office, I had to go back to my truck and stash my pocketknife and Leatherman. Surprised they let me in with my flashlight.