Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   gun vault (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/gun-vault-74474/)

jjfuller1 10-16-2012 11:38 PM

gun vault

okay heres the story....

i bought a gunvault safe in april. in august i got tired of it. the problem was it was going through batteries like nothing. i had it april to august and had changed the batteries 3 times!. i emailed gunvault and talked to a rep on the phone. he was going to send me the postage to return mine for a new one and i just had to email him the manufacture date, serial number, all that good info. well i emailed him and waited. i was going to call him back after 2 weeks had gone by but i lost the paper with the his number and info, extension and such. so i waited, and waited and waited. today i emailed gunvault through facebook with ALL of the information about past contact, the vault, emails and everything. i got a call tonight from the same rep i talked to. he apologized several times and took all blame, said hes sending an uprgraded version from the the standerd i have to the deluxe vault, 2nd day air, and return postage for the old safe! its sad that i got pushed aside at first, but they are going beyond lengths to rectify the situation. as i sit here now i am very glad to say that gunvault's CS is appearing to be very good... now all depends on if it happens.

FAS1 10-24-2012 10:55 PM

Did they get it to you as promised 2nd Day Air (last Thursday or Friday)?

jjfuller1 10-24-2012 11:00 PM

NO!!! im going to call tomorrow afternoon if its not here when i get home.. i mean come on!!!. if you say your gonna do it. then do it.. updates will follow as info arrives. my advice is to pick a different brand, at least at the moment.

. after readingmy post, i decided i didnt want to wait. i called with intentions to rip him a new one. he gave me the tracking number. that showed it was shipped saturday from CA. so, take it as you want. processing time maybe? i should have it this week. if not another phone call and MARINE CORPS style ass chewing will comence!

beaglesam 10-25-2012 12:14 AM

Who is the manufacturer? Might be good to know if we should avoid.

jjfuller1 10-25-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaglesam
who is the manufacturer? Might be good to know if we should avoid.

gunvault..,,

FAS1 10-25-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1 (Post 988549)
after readingmy post, i decided i didnt want to wait. i called with intentions to rip him a new one. he gave me the tracking number. that showed it was shipped saturday from CA. so, take it as you want. processing time maybe? i should have it this week. if not another phone call and MARINE CORPS style ass chewing will comence!

Sounds like you are at least making progress and I hope they get you taken care of.

orangello 10-25-2012 07:22 PM

You should send them a picture of a pistol in a paper sack.

jjfuller1 10-27-2012 12:09 AM

well, the vault was on my porch today. it is the deluxe version, so at least that part was right. it has a power cord with 9volt battery backup. its all set up and the old one is packed ready to go back. so far so good. i'll update this thread in a month or two to after we know it will work consistantly.. so far all is well.

jjfuller1 11-08-2012 01:19 PM

so far so good. i have unplugged the safe a couple times, and it worked just fine on battery when not plugged in. kudo's to gunvault for making things right.. even though it took entirely too long!