a gun is a 'tool'

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a gun is a 'tool'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default a gun is a 'tool'

Got this from another forum, had to share it here:

M-16 nail gun

DeWalt's lineup of quality powertools just got some shock and awe with this brand-colored M16 "nail gun," the spectacular creation of David Wiggins.

I’d just picked up a new (to me) M-16 and was in the process of fixing it up a little. It needed new furniture anyway, so I sourced the safety yellow stock, guard, and grip. Then, I went down to the DeWalt factory service place a few miles from the house to get a sticker. There, I saw they had brand new battery casings, so I picked up one of those too. I got home, found a short magazine, and got to work.

“I traced an approximation of the size hole I’d need in the top of the plastic casing, and slowly dremeled away the plastic I didn’t need. Once done, I epoxied the magazine body into the hole and quickly assembled everything so that I could make sure it all looked right before the epoxy set up. Once the epoxy cured, I took the mag back apart, cleaned up some of the bigger resin boogers, and then masked the top of the mag and hit it w/ some mil-spec glossy black coating (aka Krylon).”

Here's an alternative offered by a commenter at its Toolmonger thread:

M-16 nail gun - Boing Boing
Toolmonger » Blog Archive » Update: DeWalt-16

And

DeWalt Edition M-16 Is Power Tooltastic - Geekologie

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ha, a long range nail gun.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 11-20-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #3

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Nothing that fun looking for sale this side of the pond. Have 2 dewalt nail guns though great tools.