Gun Store Plastic? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun Store Plastic?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 03:09 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

It is not about what one person is willing to spend.

It is about one person getting a thousand people to vote with their money.

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who knows great enthusiasm, great devotion, and the triumph of achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails at least fails whilst daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those odd and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who have had to fight for it life has truly a flavour the protected shall never know."

Old 12-10-2009, 03:53 AM   #32

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter girl View Post
Now that said. If you are looking for a collectors piece in a gun store, you are probably looking in the wrong place.

So. You understand supply and demand. People now a days, by and large are buying for defense. They want something that they can put a large volume of fire on the target quickly so they can save their lives. The good old cowboy shooters just can't do that.

Yes wheel guns have their place. I agree.

So, a gun store that caters to the relics that only collect these pieces will go out of business. And once again, more of our economy goes down the toilet.

Unless there is a sudden resurgence of collectors in this country, you are not going to find collectors pieces in the gun stores.
So our economy goes down the toilet as a result of the mindset of cherishing American Heritage? And being an American gun lover?

With the tiniest bit of knowledge of economics, you would know that our current economy (at least partially) is in the state it is in because of outsourcing to foreign makers (of everything). Heard of NAFTA??? So the answer is not to sell genuine American products, in American gun stores? That's great logic. . .

I'll second Lonyaeger and say. . . .

Forget it!

Old 12-10-2009, 04:16 AM   #33

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I, for one, love my American made metal! My Raven collection rocks the hizzay!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
So our economy goes down the toilet as a result of the mindset of cherishing American Heritage? And being an American gun lover?

With the tiniest bit of knowledge of economics, you would know that our current economy (at least partially) is in the state it is in because of outsourcing to foreign makers (of everything). Heard of NAFTA??? So the answer is not to sell genuine American products, in American gun stores? That's great logic. . .

I'll second Lonyaeger and say. . . .

Forget it!
No, the answer is to get rid of the stupid regulations and restrictions that force us to go overseas. But that is beside the point. In the interim, American Gun MFGs need to adapt to fight on the world market.

Some of our companies have already done this by producing these plastic guns.

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who knows great enthusiasm, great devotion, and the triumph of achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails at least fails whilst daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those odd and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who have had to fight for it life has truly a flavour the protected shall never know."

Old 12-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #35

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
It is not about what one person is willing to spend.

It is about one person getting a thousand people to vote with their money.
Good luck with that, dear.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #36

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
In the interim, American Gun MFGs need to adapt to fight on the world market.
Some of our companies have already done this by producing these plastic guns.
I think American gun manufactures have adapted just fine. They offer quality firearms, stand behind their product and are constantly progressing in the development and improvement of new guns. Have you not noticed Smith and Wesson's introduction of it's M&P line in the recent years? Or their cartridge development? How about Ruger's continued improvement of their revolvers and development of the SR556?

American craftsmanship is based on pride and excellence. That is how they compete. I am willing to pay a small percentage more to enjoy that standard.

As far as convincing 1000 people to spend their dollar a certain way. Not gonna happen. It is an individual decision as to just how important it is to them to take pride in ownership. Some of us have that pride.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #37

Quote:
I think American gun manufactures have adapted just fine. They offer quality firearms, stand behind their product and are constantly progressing in the development and improvement of new guns. Have you not noticed Smith and Wesson's introduction of it's M&P line in the recent years? Or their cartridge development? How about Ruger's continued improvement of their revolvers and development of the SR556?

American craftsmanship is based on pride and excellence. That is how they compete. I am willing to pay a small percentage more to enjoy that standard.
Many people are not, which gets me to my next point.

But before that, not only do they need to match the quality, they must also match the advertising and quantity. You can not do that while charging more. So something has to give.

Quote:
As far as convincing 1000 people to spend their dollar a certain way. Not gonna happen. It is an individual decision as to just how important it is to them to take pride in ownership. Some of us have that pride.
They said the same thing about the TEA parties. We see how that turned out.

As I have said before I do often times buy American, but it is not about you or I buying American, it is about us getting American companies to make it worth our while to buy from them.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #38

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
As I have said before I do often times buy American, but it is not about you or I buying American, it is about us getting American companies to make it worth our while to buy from them.
Your absolutely right. We should allow them to use slave and child labor in order to meet higher production standards, work them long hard hours for little pay to reduce costs and lower prices and cut quality control personnel altogether. That way we could get the same products of third world, communist standards right here in the U.S. with out having to import! Great!

American companies are making it worthwhile for us to buy from them. The benefit is in quality, not quantity. They are bound by certain standards, labor restrictions, occupational and environmental safety regulations that make it very difficult regarding cost to compete with foreign makers.

It is worth my while to buy American quality not just in guns. It's a matter of personal standards and beliefs.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Your absolutely right. We should allow them to use slave and child labor in order to meet higher production standards, work them long hard hours for little pay to reduce costs and lower prices and cut quality control personnel altogether. That way we could get the same products of third world, communist standards right here in the U.S. with out having to import! Great!
Aren't Glocks from Austria & XD's from Croatia? Do they have slave labor there?

I think you two may be taking this too seriously. Nobody is saying you can't buy an American-made gun; buy the firearm of your choice, so long as you don't upset those BATF peeps.

I think a colt 1911 would be nice to have, but it didn't suit my needs at the present time, nor my budget. I just needed a solid reliable pistol with a high enough capacity magazine for me to hit my target and a large enough bullet to disuade said target. I bought a utilitarian pistol that i like just fine, had i seen an American-made pistol with the same features, i would have chosen it.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:57 AM   #40

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Does this thread seem to be repeating.....repeating.....repeating?