a gun store - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

a gun store

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9082 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
I have walked out on a few gun shops when I get the hint of disrespect, misinformation, and plain ol' ignorance. A new gun store opened up near by, so I decided to stop in. I was actually looking to buy a .380 caliber for conceal carry, they had a Taurus PT 738 for $240.00.

I was digging into my pockets for the money when I asked about TulAmmo of my .45 JHP. The owner immediately slammed TulAmmo by saying he don't deal in junk ammo. I told him my 4595TS shot TulAmmo flawlessly, and if he stocked it I would buy from him. He foamed all over him self to the point that I could not, in good conscience to myself, buy the Taurus. I walked out, and have not been back since.

To this very day, every time I go by that shop, I do not see many vehicles parked out front.
If I were that store owner I would tell you that I could order some for you, or if I can't get it I would direct you to someone who carries it. Then sell you the Taurus (not a fan of the brand myself). A good business owner in any specialty will develop relationships with other businesses in the area so they can better serve the customer (at least in my business). I refer customers to competing businesses all the time and it builds integrity IMHO. Besides, I would rather refer a potential customer to a guy I like then have that customer go to some jerkoff and get a bad experience.

I go to a few LGS's pretty regularly, and there is one I have removed from the list for this reason. I went in to The Gun Exchange in San Jose, CA oh, about two years ago looking for a new pellet rifle for my son. We had decided we wanted a high quality, fixed barrel, single pump but other than that we were totally flexible. Not one of the Big 5 stores we went into had a single one, without fail they all said "We never sell the fixed barrel air rifles." To which I responded "Well, if you don't carry them then you will never sell one."
Not one of the big chain stores we went into offered to open a catalog or order us what we wanted.
On the way home we stopped by The Gun Exchange and asked there. They said that they were placing a new order that week for air rifles and would order what we wanted and call when it came in, which would be no more than 10 days. I asked if they needed a down payment and was told that was not necessary. I called several times and asked if their shipment had come in after 10 days had passed and kept getting the blow-off. After awhile we just ordered what we wanted from Cabela's. Paid less too!