a gun store
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a gun store

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 414 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1210

Default a gun store

so my brother and i walked in i had no intention of buying a firearm just lookingat other items,but my brother on the other hand was interested in a rifle the woman had hanging on her wall,but before he could ask to see it he walked out front to take a call.thats when the woman asked if she could help me i politely told no im just looking for now.thats when my brother walked back in and asked could he please see the rifle in question,and her response to this simple question was "no im not getting up iam to busy to be playing around"... now at that point we both thought she was playing around so we stood there for a second both dumbfounded and then realized she was not joking.at that point i set down a holster and a couple targets i was going to purchase myself and we both walked out.we went down the road a hundred yards to a far supperior store and made both our purchases.needless to say they will never get my business or anyone i knows if i can help it.after getting home i searched the store and found a couple other bad reviews with the same complaint,it just makes me sick to see this kind of customer service.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Going to a different store was the best option. Also, if she is not the owner, I would call whoever is in charge of her and tell them what happened. 1 time may have been just a mistake, but when there are several reviews saying the same thing about her, she needs an attitude adjustment, or a new job.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #3

the sad part is she is the owner.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post
the sad part is she is the owner.
If word of her attitude spreds, she won't be a gun store owner for long.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5679 Times on 2966 Posts
Likes Given: 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Going to a different store was the best option. Also, if she is not the owner, I would call whoever is in charge of her and tell them what happened. 1 time may have been just a mistake, but when there are several reviews saying the same thing about her, she needs an attitude adjustment, or a new job.
she keeps treating customers like that she will be out of business. kinda like a self fulfilling prophecy.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

A blessing in disguise.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #7

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

That's why capitalism works. You got bad service therefore you went to another store and made your purchases there. If this repeats enough, she will sell to a better business person or go out of business. Free market choices work!!

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #8

Yeah, I'm thinking with her attitude, she would be better off hiring someone to sell stuff for her.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10708

You need to post the name of the store and the town it is in so the rest of us in CA don't go there. Or maybe somebody can go in and make an offer on the business! Of course given the amount of damage she has done since she has owned it would take some time and money to make it into a good business again....

In my opinion the fact it is a gun store is irrelevant. Any business that has that attitude, especially in this economy, is simply just not meant to be in business.

Personally I feel that the gun stores where you walk in for the first time to a "Good Old Boys Club" where newcomers are not welcomed in is just as bad and I will walk out of those stores as well. As a matter of fact if I am not acknowleged in some way shortly after walking in a store I quickly start taking mental notes as to if I am in the right place or not.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #10

gladley..... the store is berry creek guns its located in oroville ca, on oro dam blvd..the store i chose to take my business to was huntingtons sportsmans store on the same road a couple buildings down.