Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   a gun store (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/gun-store-59270/)

rifleman1 03-02-2012 07:36 PM

a gun store

so my brother and i walked in i had no intention of buying a firearm just lookingat other items,but my brother on the other hand was interested in a rifle the woman had hanging on her wall,but before he could ask to see it he walked out front to take a call.thats when the woman asked if she could help me i politely told no im just looking for now.thats when my brother walked back in and asked could he please see the rifle in question,and her response to this simple question was "no im not getting up iam to busy to be playing around"... now at that point we both thought she was playing around so we stood there for a second both dumbfounded and then realized she was not joking.at that point i set down a holster and a couple targets i was going to purchase myself and we both walked out.we went down the road a hundred yards to a far supperior store and made both our purchases.needless to say they will never get my business or anyone i knows if i can help it.after getting home i searched the store and found a couple other bad reviews with the same complaint,it just makes me sick to see this kind of customer service.

texaswoodworker 03-02-2012 07:41 PM

Going to a different store was the best option. Also, if she is not the owner, I would call whoever is in charge of her and tell them what happened. 1 time may have been just a mistake, but when there are several reviews saying the same thing about her, she needs an attitude adjustment, or a new job.

rifleman1 03-02-2012 07:52 PM

the sad part is she is the owner.

texaswoodworker 03-02-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rifleman1 (Post 726577)
the sad part is she is the owner.

If word of her attitude spreds, she won't be a gun store owner for long.

JonM 03-02-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 726562)
Going to a different store was the best option. Also, if she is not the owner, I would call whoever is in charge of her and tell them what happened. 1 time may have been just a mistake, but when there are several reviews saying the same thing about her, she needs an attitude adjustment, or a new job.

she keeps treating customers like that she will be out of business. kinda like a self fulfilling prophecy.

PanBaccha 03-02-2012 08:06 PM

A blessing in disguise.

downsouth 03-02-2012 08:06 PM

That's why capitalism works. You got bad service therefore you went to another store and made your purchases there. If this repeats enough, she will sell to a better business person or go out of business. Free market choices work!!

texaswoodworker 03-02-2012 08:10 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking with her attitude, she would be better off hiring someone to sell stuff for her. :D

Vikingdad 03-02-2012 08:29 PM

You need to post the name of the store and the town it is in so the rest of us in CA don't go there. Or maybe somebody can go in and make an offer on the business! Of course given the amount of damage she has done since she has owned it would take some time and money to make it into a good business again....

In my opinion the fact it is a gun store is irrelevant. Any business that has that attitude, especially in this economy, is simply just not meant to be in business.

Personally I feel that the gun stores where you walk in for the first time to a "Good Old Boys Club" where newcomers are not welcomed in is just as bad and I will walk out of those stores as well. As a matter of fact if I am not acknowleged in some way shortly after walking in a store I quickly start taking mental notes as to if I am in the right place or not.

rifleman1 03-02-2012 08:34 PM

gladley..... the store is berry creek guns its located in oroville ca, on oro dam blvd..the store i chose to take my business to was huntingtons sportsmans store on the same road a couple buildings down.