Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Gun sneakers (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/gun-sneakers-88667/)

KimberFan 04-12-2013 02:30 PM

Gun sneakers

Are there any others out there like me who tend to "sneak" new guns into the gunsafe without wife detection? I'm thinking this has become a fine art. One
I've quite frankly defined into a notable endeavor over the years. I'm also a "Master" of spontaneous excuses when she detects a new one heading out to the range. "What, this old thing?...why I bought it back when the rocks were still warm....rarely shoot it ya know, look how clean the barrel is, Hon. It needs to be shot or...it'll rot."

I don't see it as marital deceit...I see it as.....uhh.....umm......what the hell were we talking about?

Heyyyy....a new AARP coupon book....whoooaa.

eatmydust 04-12-2013 02:44 PM

Sadly, yes I am guilty!

I haven't checked her closet or shoe rack yet, but that may be in order soon.

mountainman13 04-12-2013 03:54 PM

I point out the $1000+ of designer pocketbooks gathering dust in the closet and tell her to shut the $@#& up.
We've been in tight spots before where selling some of my guns (usually for a profit) saved our butts. When she can do the same with her stupid purses I'll give her room to talk.

303tom 04-12-2013 03:59 PM

Ain`t no way in hell, she is the accountant, but she rarely says no if we have the sufficient funds...............

danf_fl 04-12-2013 04:31 PM

We have three accounts,
Our checking,
Our savings,
my "hobby".

She went from one who said "There will never be any guns in the house!" to "You don't need to sell any of your guns. Do you have enough ammo?"

With the number of transfers I do, she has no idea what I own. We agreed that I can have 1 gun for every year I am alive (I just have to figure out how to tell her I'm over 104.)

c3shooter 04-12-2013 04:38 PM

To the OP-

YOU, sirrah- are not buying her enough jewelry. :D

My lady (born and raised in England) was there one day when the mailman brought me another rifle. "What? Another gun?"

I opened the box. "This is a WW 2 British Lee Enfield. The man that had it had no appreciation of a rifle that gave Britain an empire on which the sun never sat. So I am giving it a good home."

She looked at the rifle. "He is a peasant. Make sure you give it a thorough cleaning."

tri70 04-12-2013 05:32 PM

Guilty! I work extra and stash mad money for my hobby.:D

purehavoc 04-12-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1211474)
We have three accounts,
Our checking,
Our savings,
my "hobby".

She went from one who said "There will never be any guns in the house!" to "You don't need to sell any of your guns. Do you have enough ammo?"

With the number of transfers I do, she has no idea what I own. We agreed that I can have 1 gun for every year I am alive (I just have to figure out how to tell her I'm over 104.)

Same here , on the checking, savings and hobby money , My hobby money is mine, I dont care what she spends out of the checking so long as our bills are paid for . Last time I checked I dont think a person needs 50+ pairs of shoes and 10+ purses and I dont complain about those , Doesnt matter anyway , I always show her the new goods and she knows the combo to the safe so it wouldnt matter anyway . :D

bigjim 04-12-2013 06:35 PM

My wife was a no guns in the house type when we got married, but after 29 years, it's "why don't you go get yourself a new gun" which means she wants more new jewelery and not the cheap stuff.

Jim

duddie10 04-12-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjim (Post 1211647)
My wife was a no guns in the house type when we got married, but after 29 years, it's "why don't you go get yourself a new gun" which means she wants more new jewelery and not the cheap stuff.

Jim

Its funny u say that. Was woundering why my gun room was open last tuesday only to find my old lady putting a new gun for her self in it. Rolleyes: i gave there the same bs i get :-)