Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Are Gun Shows worth going to?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 03:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Go, you never know until you've been there.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-17-2010, 03:27 AM   #12

Gun shows aren't what they used to be.
The last day is the best for dealing, but the first day is when everything is available- until it sells.
Prices are through the roof, but it's fun walking through the show and checking out all the firearms & other stuff. Here in my area a man checks your weapon to make sure it's unloaded than puts a plastic zip tie/cable tie through the receiver to insure it stays that way. The zip tie can be easily cut off so it only helps the honest.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:31 AM   #13

I went to my first gun show today and LOVED it, I was like a kid in a candy store.
Huge selection of new and used firearms and accessories but I found the prices varied alot from dealer to dealer so be sure to check every table before you make a purchase. For example I was checking out the new S&W M&P15-22 that has a MSRP of $499. I've seen it online for $449 but today it was going for anything between $399 and $579.

There were some good deals on ammo so grabbed a few boxes today but I was just happy to be able to see and handle such a huge selection of firearms especially the used stuff the stores around me just dont have.

I'll definitely be going to the next one in my area, with more cash next time

• Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once.
- Admiral Hornblower

• The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country.
- General Patton

• When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
- US Marine Corps

Old 01-17-2010, 04:40 AM   #14

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelspin View Post
I went to my first gun show today and LOVED it, I was like a kid in a candy store.
Huge selection of new and used firearms and accessories but I found the prices varied alot from dealer to dealer so be sure to check every table before you make a purchase. For example I was checking out the new S&W M&P15-22 that has a MSRP of $499. I've seen it online for $449 but today it was going for anything between $399 and $579.

There were some good deals on ammo so grabbed a few boxes today but I was just happy to be able to see and handle such a huge selection of firearms especially the used stuff the stores around me just dont have.

Spin, did you hit the Indy 1500? It gets real busy around Noon or so..

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 01-17-2010, 04:57 AM   #15

Yeah, I was there from 10am till 3pm.

It was busy but not so bad you were tripping over people or couldn't get to the tables. They were still queuing to get in when we left though

• Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once.
- Admiral Hornblower

• The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country.
- General Patton

• When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
- US Marine Corps

Old 01-17-2010, 05:11 AM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I went to one yesterday morning in Greensburg, PA.
New gun prices were high, military surplus were too.
Things like parts, accessories, magazines, holsters, and reloading gear could be had at decent prices. Alot of stuff at around the best price you'd find on the net but by buying there you dont have to pay shipping so it made it a good deal.
Didnt buy anything, almost bought a Spikes stripped lower for $99 which is $10 over what spikes sells them for, but I wouldnt have to deal with shipping cost to a FFL and fees. Might go back tomorow and get one.
Oh I saw a very cool thing. The local county's Sheriff's dept set up a stand where you could fill out your application, they'd do backround check, take your picture AND issue you a PA License to Carry Firearms (CCW permit) on the spot!! Very nice, friendly sheriff and deputies, I picked up a free guide to PA gun laws from them.
PA residents had to live in Westmoreland county to apply for permit and I think they were even doing out of state residents as well. If I lived in that county I'd vote for that sheriff every election!!! Very cool!!------Gate

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 01-17-2010, 05:24 AM   #17
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1770 Times on 1008 Posts
Likes Given: 3540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelspin View Post

I picked up the S&W M&P 15-22 from Sportsman's Warehouse after Thanksgiving, on sale from 499 to 399. I finally took the new toy to the range 2 weeks ago, good groupings and no issues firing Blazer ammo, Remington .22 LR was having non-firing rounds almost every other 5 rounds. Painful when shooting the cold weather.

I did go to the local gun show, about 4 S&W M&P 15-22 was for sale, cheapest was $600.00 price, granted the weapon is new and hard to come by; but, jacking the price.

Once in awhile I do get a deal for goodies and find that toy that I try to purchased; however, the wife is always present and giving the evil eye when I approach a booth selling a SKS or AK47 . It is fun to go and go very early!

Old 01-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #18

Liked 203 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbw View Post
Thanx for the imput. I'm not to thrilled with a LEO sticking a cable in on or around my EMP 40 which doesn't have a mark on it! I understand the need but think I would rather pass on bringing it in if that is the case in AZ.
Have you thought about this? What is a holster going to do for the finish on your gun? Just sayin.....

Last edited by Highpower; 01-17-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: doubled word

Old 01-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #19

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So are we suggesting that the OP not holster the pistol?

Old 01-17-2010, 02:07 PM   #20

Liked 203 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Lony,
If all he is worried about is keeping his pistol PRISTEEN - then yes.

If he plans to carry it, he better get used to the fact that a holster WILL wear the finish on his gun eventually. That's all I'm sayin....