Gun shows are they a problem - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun shows are they a problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Look gun shows are not a problem, cars are not a problem guns are not a problem, rocket launchers are not the problem Forks are not a problem, knives are not a problem.

PEOPLE are the problem. How hard is it to see that no matter what people think is the problem it is not we are the problem. Until we make a stupid and common sense check before sex that is the way it is going to be. stupid find other stupid people and they breed.

The gun show didn't kill that boy an ignorant father and instructor did. The drunk driver killed that family not the car of the drunk driver. The fork didn't make Micheal Moore fat HE DID. Knives didn't kill anyone the douche bag that was too cheap to buy a gun or too lazy to steal one killed the 80 year old man.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #22

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Look gun shows are not a problem, cars are not a problem guns are not a problem, rocket launchers are not the problem Forks are not a problem, knives are not a problem.

PEOPLE are the problem. How hard is it to see that no matter what people think is the problem it is not we are the problem. Until we make a stupid and common sense check before sex that is the way it is going to be. stupid find other stupid people and they breed.

The gun show didn't kill that boy an ignorant father and instructor did. The drunk driver killed that family not the car of the drunk driver. The fork didn't make Micheal Moore fat HE DID. Knives didn't kill anyone the douche bag that was too cheap to buy a gun or too lazy to steal one killed the 80 year old man.
Yeah, let's just try not to sell a gun to someone who might use it for the wrong thing. That's a "people" element, too. It's not effing rocket surgery.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #23

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Yeah, let's just try not to sell a gun to someone who might use it for the wrong thing. That's a "people" element, too. It's not effing rocket surgery.
And how do you suggest we do that?

Seriously.

How would you ensure that a gun was never sold to someone that might use it for "the wrong thing"?

Old 10-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #24

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post

Seriously.

How would you ensure that a gun was never sold to someone that might use it for "the wrong thing"?
You waterboard them till they talk then you hook a tazer to their nads and jolt them a few times.

DUH NGIB where the hell have you been!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note if a person is mentally unstable you can tell with just a few questions.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #25

Quote:

Seriously.

My Dad always told me not to pose a problem unless you have a potential solution. NGIB, are you my Dad?

All I'm saying is that there should be SOME way of clamping down on private sales at gun shows. These private sellers who say they are so morally upright and would never sell to a nut job.....well, let's just say that they can't speak for ALL private sellers.

I was at a show in Fort Worth last Saturday carrying a pistol in a bag and I had several guys come up to me and ask me what I was selling. Turns out I was not there to sell but, if I had really wanted the money, I could have sold it to any of those guys....no questions asked.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #26
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
All I'm saying is that there should be SOME way of clamping down on private sales at gun shows. These private sellers who say they are so morally upright and would never sell to a nut job.....well, let's just say that they can't speak for ALL private sellers.

I was at a show in Fort Worth last Saturday carrying a pistol in a bag and I had several guys come up to me and ask me what I was selling. Turns out I was not there to sell but, if I had really wanted the money, I could have sold it to any of those guys....no questions asked.
And that is just the nature of the beast. NOBODY can keep ANYTHING out of ANYONE'S hands via a private sale. You can't stop minors from buying alcohol and you can stop someone with a suspended drivers license from buying a car.

The fact of the matter is that FFLs are bound by ATF regulations for transfers, and individual citizens are not. And unless we ALL agree to give the government massive control over EVERY aspect of our lives, this will never change.

If all the gun shows got together and decided that they were only going to let FFLs sell at gun shows, you'd still be able to run an ad in the paper to sell whatever, and eventually someone put together some type of event where ANYONE could come and sell their own firearms and it wouldn't be regulated at all (which unfortunately sounds like what happened in the OP)

"clamping down on private sales at gun shows" would lead to clamping down on private sales anywhere! And is that a scab we really want pick at?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
I don't know if i mentioned this, but i did pass a background check this year. I'm not sure everyone here would agree that i am a good person to have pistol; i think i'll be safe with it. I also meet the legal requirements to get a concealed carry permit in this state (haven't done so yet). As far as that FFL & the background check, i was somewhat inebriated at the time, but the background check and gun store didn't notice.

I'm just saying that even a background check won't stop all the nutjobs; that guy in Illinois that shot the preacher bought his weapon legally & was a former handgun permit holder or something as well. It can be hard to spot crazy (especially if you've been drinkin & she's cute).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 10-13-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #28

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
My Dad always told me not to pose a problem unless you have a potential solution. NGIB, are you my Dad?

No I'm not your Dad and I don't want to raise anymore kids. We already have enough laws on the books to regulate firearms sales by both dealers and individuals. If YOU, repeat YOU, don't want to engage in any private firearms sales - then don't. DO NOT tell me I can't though as there is NO law, repeat NO law against it...

Old 10-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #29

Quote:
No I'm not your Dad and I don't want to raise anymore kids. We already have enough laws on the books to regulate firearms sales by both dealers and individuals. If YOU, repeat YOU, don't want to engage in any private firearms sales - then don't. DO NOT tell me I can't though as there is NO law, repeat NO law against it...
Did I tell you you can't? Do whatever you want.

Jeezus......relax. I thought this was a forum for people expressing opinions that they are entitled to. Of COURSE, I'm NOT a gun control advocate......oh, never mind.

I'm done, you win

Old 10-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik View Post
eventually someone put together some type of event where ANYONE could come and sell their own firearms and it wouldn't be regulated at all...
In Oklahoma we call that a garage sell.