gun show prices suck
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > gun show prices suck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default gun show prices suck

Just went to the local gun and knife show yesterday, and was completely disappointed. There seemed to be half the vendors (and consequently half the attendees) as there were at the same location in January, the prices were outrageously jacked up...$30 for 50 rds of 115 FMJ 9mm.....give me a break....

A great deal more people were selling rinky-dink pocket knives, magic all natural energy potions, air soft, fireworks, and other various junk not at all worthy of being at a gun show.

Anyone else seem to be having the same results with crappy selection at shows? I know prices are universally to the moon, but with all the snake-oil dealers and such?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #2

Liked 1276 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Last show I went to ammo prices were still high but availability was up. Which makes me think that prices will soon drop a little, not to where they were 3 years ago but a little cheaper.

I noticed that AR lowers have dropped back to normal prices again now that availability is back. Ammo shouldn't be much different.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I see the same thing around here and it really pisses me off!! Whenever there is any ammo in stock anywhere they go and buy it all up then mark it up 3x what they got it for.. I can get Blazer brass at wally world for 9 bucks a box and they were selling it for $28

Its also in the local classified adds around here, they go and buy ammo and put it in there for a ridiculous price

Old 08-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Indeed, the shows here are the same, those that are inexperienced and looking for their first firearm go, look around and are glamored into buying and paying way too much for firearms and ammo. I use to go to the shows all the time, but here lately, the only thing worth going to see is the damn squirrel that water skis. I wonder if any one else ever notices that squirrel is always a little bit nervous at the gun shows.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

The last couple I went to, ammo was somewhat cheaper, but the guns were through the roof.

A couple of flea market -swap meet junk tables, too.

There's always the old school ninja table, not mall ninja, but Koga Clan shuriken, blow gun, grappling hook ninja.

And there's always the switchblade guy, with the Taiwan knives marked "Italy."

Old 08-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Gone are the day's of a good gun show. Now they are simply venues for rip-offs and flea market vendors selling bumper stickers and cheap crap made in China...

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #7

I never go to the local ones. If I want high priced guns and ammo, I go to Dicks Sporting Goods. If I want decent priced guns, I go to Gander mountain. If I want ammo, I go to walmart or buy online.

S.S.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 57

I havn't been to a gun show in a long time for the reasons you guys mentioned. But I might go to the next one they have around here just to look.

OC

"magbum"

Old 08-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I went to the Northwest Arkansas convention center gun show in Springdale, AR. last April. The line was a mile long to get in, $8 at the door and the prices were laughable to anyone who knows anything about firearms.
I won't go back.
Wal-mart here has had 9mm and .40 federal ammo on a regular basis, still no .45, but today they also had 38special and 357magnum.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:03 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
I wonder if any one else ever notices that squirrel is always a little bit nervous at the gun shows.
from my experience, most squirrels I've ever met have been pretty uptight and high-strung...