Gun shops business booming.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun shops business booming.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gun shops business booming.

I went to Charleston SC to do a little more spoiling damage to the Grankids, and my Son and his Wife could go out for Valentine's day. Tough assignment but I struggled through. Saturday we went to a large Gun shop and indoor range combo. The place was packed. First timers buying AR platform rifles, handguns, and ammo standing three deep at the counter. We had to hang around for an hour just to get to use the range. My Son knows the happy owner. He told Matt that his sales was already 5 times higher than last Jan-Feb. time period. AR platform Rifles selling for $1400 to ????. 9mm and 5.56 selling by the 500 to 1000 round case faster than he could get it. The fear factor is running high. Stopped at 2 pawn shops we usually check out. There were 2 used Century AR15 A2 rifles at one. Ready for this: $2000.00 each. Springfield XD 45ACP: $800.00 Supply and demand + panic buying.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

WOW. Prices are pretty stable where I am, I am surprised they can bring that. You can still find ARs in the 10 percent or so range over what they were bringing last year.
I bet the shop owner was happy! Glad you got to go and further the grandkids education though!

Old 02-17-2009, 12:42 AM   #3

A shop I stopped at Sunday had stripped lowers for 220.00! It is nuts, good thing I foresaw and bought in July.

If we dont stand together we dont stand a chance. unknown

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils of the world are to be cured by legislation. Thomas Reed

Old 02-17-2009, 12:51 AM   #4

It apparently is like that all over the country. Was at a gun shop and couldn't even get close to the counter to see any of the guns. There was a line 5 deep just to pay for the ammo, and there were around 10 guys working behind the counter.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:18 AM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I went to Bass Pro Shops and Green Top Bass Pro was packed but the gun and ammo section was not that bad. Rimfire and pistol look to be the ones selling out.

Greentop was packed you could barly breath. They had a good selection of power and bullets but primers were pistol both large and small or large rifle primers oh and shotgun primers. No small rifle they did ave about 10,000 CCI BR-2 Large Rifle Match primers.

Just give it time and it will settle down to many people out there being stupid. Also too many willing to spend $50 on a brick of Federal std velocity match 22lr (Federal 711B). That just pisses me off to no end everyone is price gouging but no one is saying one thing about it. I seen Remington VLS in 223 an exact copy of my 223 I bought it for $600 now it was on the used rack for $1200 USED. I think I might sell mine or trade it for a Savage F-class in 6.5-284. Seen a bottom of the line AR-15 (Looks just like the mil issue m-16) for $1900.