Gun Safe Combination
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun Safe Combination

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 795 Times on 424 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default Gun Safe Combination

So anyone know how to change the combination on a gun safe? Or I guess... Can it be done on your own?

I had the gun safe one tick from full and was saving a spot for an AR-15 (which I've yet to build/buy yet.... in time.... in time) and filling the emtpy holes with hand guns. And like a fool went to a gun show and walked past a collage kid walking in with a Morin-Gunent. So the safe is now full.

So now I'm looking for another safe (rather than and AR-15) but I've banged my head enough that I hate the idea of trying to remember another combination.

So is it possible to buy one and set one of them to the same combo as the other? Or just make up my own for both?

Know nothing but weight and protective heat temperature on gun safes.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Last edited by CourtJester; 10-27-2011 at 03:21 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-27-2011, 03:22 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts

Yes if it's a Sargent &greenleaf combination there is you need a special tool though

Old 10-27-2011, 03:24 AM   #3

A social tool? I know what a social retard is but I don't have a clue what a social tool is.

It sounds the same though.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 10-27-2011, 04:13 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 144 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 167

If it is a Dial combination lock there is a keyway on the back of the locking mechanism that takes a special key to reset the combo best done by a locksmith. If it is digital you can reprogram it.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:35 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9573 Times on 4118 Posts
Likes Given: 1502

Combination locks- either digital, or the rare mechanical dial locks- can ALL be recombinated. Process varies depending on who made it. They is this nifty thing called an owner's guide that tells you how to do it.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3115 Times on 1790 Posts
Likes Given: 1326

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
They is this nifty thing called an owner's guide that tells you how to do it.
I've read a couple of those in my lifetime. I even have a stack of them in the library.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 10-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Combination locks- either digital, or the rare mechanical dial locks- can ALL be recombinated. Process varies depending on who made it. They is this nifty thing called an owner's guide that tells you how to do it.
You guys keep those?
My wife does but I tend to chuck them unless my wife files them away first. I think I got my hands on it before she did though.

~George Washington

Old 10-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

To my experience most combination locks can be reset with manufacturer directions.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6035 Times on 3164 Posts
Likes Given: 433

it costs more to get a locksmith to fix a mechanical combination lock after a DIY session than it does to get one to reset it for you...

my opinion: get a locksmith to do it right the first time round

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-28-2011, 04:22 AM   #10

Well it turns out that Mrs. Jester did get her hands on the owners manual before I did. But.... it mentions not one word about how to change it.
I'll give them a call and/or shoot them an e-mail and ask for a solid how-to. I may pull the back cover off the door just to take a look see. I wont go too far though. I took a lot of $hit apart as a child and never could figure out how to get it back together. I am curious about what's back there though.

~George Washington