gun reviews
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > gun reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default gun reviews

You know I have ran into so many people referring to Gunblast reviews as gospel. I am sure Jeff is an upstanding guy and he is very knowledgable. But I am a little leary about a person that never gives bad reviews, well not that I have seen yet. Does anyone else get the feeling that well how should we put it. Gunblast is "positively influenced" for its reviews. Or do you think it is the fear of the manufacturers backlash that bad reviews aren't given?

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Actually, I have quit relying on gun reviews altogether. I will read them to learn what I can about function, finish, grouping, etc. but I dont rely on their information to make a purchase decision. Maybe it is because I am cynical about advertizing dollars and what those dollars can buy but I have always felt the money influences two things, 1. WHAT gets reviewed. 2. The level of praise in the review.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)