Gun Rags
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun Rags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 02:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Default Gun Rags

Do any of you guys know of kid friendly gun mags? I will not let my kids look at my American Rifleman or Hunter because I let my daughter read it one day (10 Years old at the time) and she came to me and asked me what are male enhacement pills. I about crapped myself and had a minor heartattack. After I gathered my thoughts I said it was to help guys build muscle. Then she says why don't they just go to the gym and work out.

I think if someone were to put out a kids mag on guns showing new kid guns and having articles teaching them about sight aligment and other minor things it would sell good. What do you think would you buy it for yours?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #2

Default more

I cant say if kids type guns are ever writing about. I find free copies of On Target gun mag. at the local gun shops here. No bad adds. They may even send some to your LEO. You can subscribe or even read it online. Check out
www.ontargetmagazine.com I have no connections with them. Just good reading. Bob

Old 08-28-2008, 01:17 AM   #3

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I read Guns & Ammo alot and Book of the 1911 and I haven't even payed attention to the adds.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 08-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I haven't seen a Gun or Bow hunting magazine in the last year or so that DOESN'T have those ads. On Target is the exception - probably because it's a free publication and doesn't have any non-firearms related advertising, Like Gun Test Magazine, which carries NO advertising. Unfortunately these two mags don't have any info that kids would be interested in, unless their interested in buying guns & gear!

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-28-2008, 06:50 PM   #5

After reading the OP I flipped through an issue of Combat Handguns and the only thing remotely non kid friendly was the E.A.A. ad with the hot blond chick. +1 on American Handgunner with the EAA ads.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #6

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Dude I can deal with scantley clad hot blonds, brunetts, Black, Red Heads what ever( I will not discriminat women on hair color your are hot or not). But some of these adds look like an article and are nothing more that some home brew vitaman concoction that may kill you. Or make you the envy of the neighborhood when you jump in the pool and your shorts fall off. It is these adds that make us all look bad like we have penis issues and that is the reason why we have guns and trucks. I am sorry but that does nothing for us but make us look stupid and ingnorant. If you don't think so I am feel sorry that you had to ride the short bus to school.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:53 AM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Order catalogs from manufacturers and have them sent to your kid. That's what I do for my 6 year old. He gets free gun magazines and I get to look at them.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:00 AM   #8

If i rember correctly i havent seen any in combat handgunner. But dont hold me to it.