Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun prices returning to normal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 03:45 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I noticed on slickguns that they had about 10 different AR's for under $700. It does seem to be returning to normal, except for the ammo shortage.
My local Walmart has about 5 AR's in stock, a DPMS, a Bushmaster, 2 Colts and 1 Sig. They also had a 10/22 and a S&W MP15-22. Ammo supply still sucks unless you want 40 S&W (lucky me!). .270, 30-06, 30-30 and shotgun shells (a lot of 410)

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 06-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #22

Likes Given: 1

Ammo has come down to 50 cents per round... ouch crazy that is a price drop.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #23

Default Price Trends

I am always pricing guns, but seldom buying. I recently saw a DPMS Oracle in stock for under $650, online. Considering I paid just under $600 total cost for mine a couple years ago, I would say things are getting better. CZ75 pistols and their clones have been on my radar lately. When I started looking before the election and Sandyhook, CZ's were mostly out of stock and pricey. Online, I am seeing some improvement in availability and prices moving to the pre-Sandyhook range.

Locally, ammunition pricing and availability is moving in the right direction. From reading different gun forums, the availability varies by region. I live in North Alabama. My local Academy Sports (Thank God for Texas) has been holding to pre-Sandyhook prices. I have been able to get .380, 9mm, .223 and even 22 LR, sometimes, just by stopping by on Monday mornings. LGS, Larry's Pistol and Pawn, has been very decent through this ordeal. Cheaper Than Dirt was selling Russian steel cased 9mm target ammo for over $50, per box of 50. I think of them as Lower Than Dirt. Please remember who has treated you right this year. A year ago, I was buying ammo online at better prices than I could locally. That situation has flipped for me to the local pricing blowing away anything online. I hope that the online sellers will continue to drop prices.