Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun prices returning to normal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3626

I traded a bottom of the line DMPS for a $1200 gun.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #12

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

Just saw a used mark 2 6" target for 190 $ and a 22/45 lite used for 350 $ (threaded barrel) ....... prices are good around me

Old 06-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2231 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 1144

Guns are seemingly coming down some in price! I saw this week that Kiesler Law Enforcement had a special for officers of Rock River Arms Rifles for $850. So I assume normal market prices are going to go back down some also. That price was unheard of a couple of months ago!
For those who had a few items and made some profit off of it to possibly buy something else or survive the cost of life no problem all for them! But for those who hoarded ammo, guns and other parts to take total advantage of fellow shooters and sportsmen. I do not in the least feel sorry for them if they have to eat their greed!
That was one of the main reasons those who wanted items and ammunition could hardly find anything. Dad's couldn't even find 22s to take their kids shooting! And when the did the prices were astronomical and most could not even afford them. For those who paid the atrocious price to get something. It happened, it is over with, you are enjoying what you purchased so forget about it! But remember we will have to continue to fight the Dem. Liberal Party as a whole over gun control for ever, and it isn't over. They will continue their attempted attack on our Constitution and our Second Amendment. The day may come when you will realize regardless of the price you paid you made a good investment!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 06-24-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #14
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2009 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post

i sold a pmag and another junk mag for $60 during the madness. i regret not capitalizing on it and selling my AR....probably coulda turned it around for an M1A.
I had considered the same thing, but then the proverb came back to mind, "a bird in the hand..."

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 06-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2590 Times on 1297 Posts
Likes Given: 248

I suspect that supplies of "Like New" ARs will improve noticeably about the time the holiday shopping season gets going.

I picture conversations similar to the following occurring all over the country this November:

Mom: "I need some money for the kid's Christmas gifts."
Dad: "Really?"
Mom: "Yeah really! Maybe you need to sell a couple of them rifles you got tucked away in the back of the safe."
Dad: "You saw those?"
Mom: "Yeah...I saw those. Sell a couple. You'll still have near a half dozen remaining. While your at it, sell of a case or two of that ammo you hid under the bed in the guest room."
Dad: "You saw that too? Hell woman, you'd have me defenseless!"
Mom: "No, I just think a small portion of the stockpile can be cut back some. Plus it would be nice if the guest room had room for guests instead of just ammo."

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #16

Liked 2370 Times on 1384 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I had considered the same thing, but then the proverb came back to mind, "a bird in the hand..."
right, i think that same proverb is what kept me from selling my AR at the time.

ah well, "always look at the bright side".... at least i only paid $679 for my AR.....

Old 06-25-2013, 04:13 AM   #17
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 921 Times on 549 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I went to a gun show yesterday, got there at opening time and the parking lot was only half full. The same show in jan was full with a line the length of the building and halfway back waiting to get in. We didn't even get out of the car.

Yesterday .22 ammo was $12-14 per hundred depending what it was.
9mm, .40, .45 seemed to be $ 30-45 per box of 50. Reloads about 2/3s of that. I can't remember off hand what .223/5.56 was selling for.

AR type rifles any where from about $750 to $2000 depending on what they were. I really know nothing about these so I don't know why the price difference.

There was a guy selling mosins complete with bayonet and all accessories for $149, he had a bunch of them. Kicking myself for not bringing one home.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:18 AM   #18

Liked 1976 Times on 1174 Posts
Likes Given: 424

Not surprised to see gun prices returning to normal. Right now they are so hard to feed that they become expensive paper weights.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U
I went to a gun show yesterday, got there at opening time and the parking lot was only half full. The same show in jan was full with a line the length of the building and halfway back waiting to get in. We didn't even get out of the car.

Yesterday .22 ammo was $12-14 per hundred depending what it was.
9mm, .40, .45 seemed to be $ 30-45 per box of 50. Reloads about 2/3s of that. I can't remember off hand what .223/5.56 was selling for.

AR type rifles any where from about $750 to $2000 depending on what they were. I really know nothing about these so I don't know why the price difference.

There was a guy selling mosins complete with bayonet and all accessories for $149, he had a bunch of them. Kicking myself for not bringing one home.
Gun prices definitely seem better. Ammo, on the other hand.... $30/box of 9mm is still almost 3x what it should be in my opinion.

Always have clean socks.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I noticed on slickguns that they had about 10 different AR's for under $700. It does seem to be returning to normal, except for the ammo shortage.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.