Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Gun Magazines (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/gun-magazines-83650/)

MattyT 02-07-2013 04:23 PM

Gun Magazines
 
What are some good gun magazines? Anybody read them?

DrumJunkie 02-07-2013 05:10 PM

I read them from time to time but I have a problem with them not being so neutral a lot of the time. When you see ads for a company in the same gun rag that has a review of a gun it makes me wonder. I like to rely on information that does not have so much to gain form a good review.

HOSSFLY 02-07-2013 05:18 PM

I gave up Magazines when i got my 1st Iphone :D
Still get American Rifleman of course & Guns 'n Ammo was my favorite-

winds-of-change 02-07-2013 05:21 PM

I have almost a whole year's worth of Guns and Ammo and several issues of Handgun. If anybody would like them I will gladly send them to you. I had a year's subscription. There is a lot you can learn from them but as Drum Jumkie noted, you have to know that often the articles are skewed. I hate to toss them out. I was thinking of putting them in some Doctor's waiting room. :D

GeneralPatton 02-08-2013 12:08 AM

Every so often I buy one of them when I see something I may have interest in while at the grocery store. Thing is, they are like $6 or more off the shelf nowadays and the internet has made print all but obsolete. But I do also get American Rifleman from the NRA

winds-of-change 02-08-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralPatton (Post 1128568)
Every so often I buy one of them when I see something I may have interest in while at the grocery store. Thing is, they are like $6 or more off the shelf nowadays and the internet has made print all but obsolete. But I do also get American Rifleman from the NRA

A year's subscription to Guns n Ammo was, like, $13. I know they charge much more by individual magazine. Isn't that weird?

winds-of-change 02-08-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1127982)
I have almost a whole year's worth of Guns and Ammo and several issues of Handgun. If anybody would like them I will gladly send them to you. I had a year's subscription. There is a lot you can learn from them but as Drum Jumkie noted, you have to know that often the articles are skewed. I hate to toss them out. I was thinking of putting them in some Doctor's waiting room. :D

I am happy to be sending my magazines to hawaiifrank........who actually doesn't live in hawaii at all. :confused: I hope he enjoys the magazines. There's lots of good reading in them. Put them in the magazine rack in the bathroom and your good to go. Get it? Good to "go"? :p

HOSSFLY 02-08-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1129549)
I am happy to be sending my magazines to hawaiifrank........who actually doesn't live in hawaii at all. :confused: I hope he enjoys the magazines. There's lots of good reading in them. Put them in the magazine rack in the bathroom and your good to go. Get it? Good to "go"? :p

Groan :p
I think i need a charger in "there" for my iphone tho :D

stoppingpower 02-08-2013 06:58 PM

Only look at them when I run out if things to look up on my phone. Then I find something that I want to look up on my phone.

winds-of-change 02-08-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 1129602)
Groan :p
I think i need a charger in "there" for my iphone tho :D

Hmmm...........I don't have a smart phone. Maybe that's the difference. And Hoss, you laughed, I KNOW you did. :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:45 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.