Gun & Knife Shows
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Gun & Knife Shows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 04:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gun & Knife Shows

For those of you who attend gun & knife shows where do you go to find your information? I'm trying to figure out how many people in our industry use the web compared to those who use some type of magazine or other resource.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2010, 04:44 AM   #2

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I get emails when there's going to be a show close to me. But I have looked it up on the web to check out other locations

Gun Show List covering United States

Old 12-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #3

Liked 132 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Local..newspapers..in the classifieds...

Old 12-16-2010, 04:58 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

There's a show in Reno that I enjoy. I try to get to it on a semi regular basis depending on my budget at the time. I check the dates on the net.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-17-2010, 02:18 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 998 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 1876

Billboards plastered all over Tulsa work well for me. We embrace our guns out heah.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:26 AM   #6

I appreciate the feedback gents. I'm looking into how to have this information available to those of us who love our guns and gun shopping. My website is a start but I need feedback from users who can tell me what they want to see when they look for information. I am thinking of coming up with a program to run on the smartphones to help us find gunshows along with directions or other info we may need. I wonder though if our generation
(40+) thwill be the last to really enjoy gunshows. Doesn't seem like kids these days are interested in our stuff.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #7

Liked 41 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougJ View Post
I appreciate the feedback gents. I'm looking into how to have this information available to those of us who love our guns and gun shopping. My website is a start but I need feedback from users who can tell me what they want to see when they look for information. I am thinking of coming up with a program to run on the smartphones to help us find gunshows along with directions or other info we may need. I wonder though if our generation
(40+) thwill be the last to really enjoy gunshows. Doesn't seem like kids these days are interested in our stuff.
It's not that we aren't interested, it's just that these days it seems like there are better deals to be had through local dealers and online (even factoring in shipping and a transfer). For example, last year I picked up a used (but really brand new as I don't think it had ever been fired) GP100 for $260 off of gunbroker. That included shipping and the transfer fee I paid. Same gun at a gun show near me was starting at $450 USED. Maybe if there were better deals out there, but I for one am done with gun shows in this area at least.

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 12-17-2010, 09:13 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

CA, you going to the gun show in Roseville this weekend?

Old 12-17-2010, 11:39 PM   #9

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

gunbrokers.com i have bouht and sold dozens with them.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #10

I agree with you guys. I have bought more guns from Gunbroker.com, Auctionarms.com and Gunsamerica.com than I have bought attending gun shows. The way we live and do business is migrating towards smartphones and the web since we don't have enought time to enjoy the hobbies we used to enjoy. I don't know the last time I worked less than a 50 - 60 hour week. I'd like to find what I can to make it enjoy to spend time on a gun related website.