Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Gun Karma: Pay it forward (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/gun-karma-pay-forward-43253/)

-Twilight 05-31-2011 06:14 PM

Gun Karma: Pay it forward
 
Hi all,

As a thank you for the nice welcome and in the spirit of "do good unto others", I'd like to propose the following: In this topic, you can give away any gun related item to one of your fellow FTF colleagues, sort of like a raffle. After a set time, all the names of the persons who'd like to participate to win the price gets to go in the large top-hat and a random name will be selected as the winner (OK, for mine I'm going to use the Coffee Manager, as it's much easier then acquiring an actual top hat)

To start off, I've got a syringe of mil-comm 1.5 oz. TW25B gun grease to give away. Excellent to reach the hard-to-get spots that are in need of lubrication.

End time will be Friday, 12 PM EST. So who wants to go in the top hat?

Poink88 05-31-2011 06:17 PM

Good idea and thanks but your shipping cost could be a lot more than the value of the item itself.

-Twilight 05-31-2011 06:26 PM

So what you're basically are saying is that I'd had to put up a more expensive item to give away? :D
I know, shipping will be expensive overseas, but that's my problem. Extra bonus points for my karma:cool:

Poink88 05-31-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Twilight (Post 515172)
So what you're basically are saying is that I'd had to put up a more expensive item to give away? :D
I know, shipping will be expensive overseas, but that's my problem. Extra bonus points for my karma:cool:

I came from other forums that do the same (different hobby) and some get surprised when the winner is...say from Amsterdam. They forget to factor in the fact that the forum is not USA only and at times it causes some "problems". Of course it is more problematic since at that time most are taking advantage of the USPS flat rate boxes where you can ship anything below 70 pounds (within the US) for $9.99 at the time IIRC.

Just sharing.

danf_fl 05-31-2011 09:52 PM

-Twilight, Are you aware that there are a couple of Phoenix's flying around?

Pony up to supporting member and someone may tell you about them.

-Twilight 05-31-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 515299)
-Twilight, Are you aware that there are a couple of Phoenix's flying around?

Pony up to supporting member and someone may tell you about them.

Hmm. If by Phoenix's flying around you mean there were other topics like this, sorry, used the search but couldn't find any. If it has another meaning, blame my English teacher:D

My offer still stands, and I'm willing to let the bird die gracefully if it doesn't catch on.

danf_fl 06-01-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Twilight (Post 515316)
Hmm. If by Phoenix's flying around you mean there were other topics like this, sorry, used the search but couldn't find any. If it has another meaning, blame my English teacher:D

My offer still stands, and I'm willing to let the bird die gracefully if it doesn't catch on.

There is an area Supporting Members have access to.

canebrake 06-01-2011 12:18 AM

Twilight, old idea but with a new twist, I like it!

Put me in for a shot at boosting your "Gun Karma."

-Twilight 06-01-2011 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 515366)
Twilight, old idea but with a new twist, I like it!

Put me in for a shot at boosting your "Gun Karma."


Sir, my hat is off to you and your name put in it.

-Twilight 06-03-2011 10:36 PM

Well, 12 P.M. EST has passed, after putting all the name in the hat it's time for the great unveil:


Drumroll please...


The grand winner is...

Canebrake!

Badum-tissssch..


Oh well, was hoping on a bit more response, but a deal is a deal. If you can PM me were I can send it to, I'll post it next week.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:04 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.