Gun Dealers On Web Sites
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun Dealers On Web Sites

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gun Dealers On Web Sites

Has anyone noticed that on all the gun web sites, that 75 percent of there members are gun dealers ? Ive noticed on all of these web sites, they tend to hang out on the firearms sell and buy forums. Im wondering is this a new way to turn a profit ? When a person advertises, they have 3 of the same make and model gun for sale, never fired, new in box, with all the papers. You would have to be a dealer. My problem is i thought these forums were for everyday john and jane doe gun owners, not for a for profit buisness. Is there something wrong with my way of thinking ?

You'll shoot your eye out kid

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-03-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Well, i wish one of them would get out there & find me a Saiga in .308 with a 22" barrel & a sporty stock.

I think a good portion of those "dealers" are probably just part-timers.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:05 AM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
Has anyone noticed that on all the gun web sites, that 75 percent of there members are gun dealers ? Ive noticed on all of these web sites, they tend to hang out on the firearms sell and buy forums. Im wondering is this a new way to turn a profit ? When a person advertises, they have 3 of the same make and model gun for sale, never fired, new in box, with all the papers. You would have to be a dealer. My problem is i thought these forums were for everyday john and jane doe gun owners, not for a for profit buisness. Is there something wrong with my way of thinking ?
Usually small FFL License holders try to move a few models a month to be able to offset the charges they pay for their FFL. It's basically a way for them to offset their hobby.

Here, we only have a few Vendors signed up currently, but we are trying to get more in here to offer deals to members.

JD

Old 03-03-2009, 04:11 AM   #4

This day and age I would welcome any arms dealer. A year from now there might not be any. (legal ones anyway)

The truth was always the truth, even before anyone figured it out. It always was and always will be.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKimber View Post
This day and age I would welcome any arms dealer. A year from now there might not be any. (legal ones anyway)
shut up!! youll jinx yourself!

Old 03-03-2009, 04:33 AM   #6

Since when is being a firearms dealer bad? Gun dealers that post here just like to talk guns and if they can make a sale then thats a plus. Capitalism is a good thing. Don't be mad at people aspiring to make money. Be mad at people aspiring to take your money.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:05 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat_hunter View Post
Since when is being a firearms dealer bad? Gun dealers that post here just like to talk guns and if they can make a sale then thats a plus. Capitalism is a good thing. Don't be mad at people aspiring to make money. Be mad at people aspiring to take your money.
...and be very mad at people trying to take your guns!!!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #8
Jay

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Many times, FFL licensees help offset the cost of running web sites, by being a sponsor. Despite the lack of charges to belong to a forum, there is a cost to provide said forum. I take more issue with those who join up only to sell, contributing nothing at all.

NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Old 03-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #9

You should check out Gungeeks.com, it's a social network for gun enthusiasts and it's brand new so there's no dealers there.... yet.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You do have to take into consideration that alot of dealers have lost their stores and the only way they can keep their liscense is to sell so many guns per year. Soemtimes forums liek this one are the only way.