Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Gun Dealers On Web Sites (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/gun-dealers-web-sites-11480/)

Woodsman 03-02-2009 11:20 PM

Gun Dealers On Web Sites

Has anyone noticed that on all the gun web sites, that 75 percent of there members are gun dealers ? Ive noticed on all of these web sites, they tend to hang out on the firearms sell and buy forums. Im wondering is this a new way to turn a profit ? When a person advertises, they have 3 of the same make and model gun for sale, never fired, new in box, with all the papers. You would have to be a dealer. My problem is i thought these forums were for everyday john and jane doe gun owners, not for a for profit buisness. Is there something wrong with my way of thinking ?

orangello 03-02-2009 11:41 PM

Well, i wish one of them would get out there & find me a Saiga in .308 with a 22" barrel & a sporty stock. :D

I think a good portion of those "dealers" are probably just part-timers.

Dillinger 03-03-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsman (Post 77237)
Has anyone noticed that on all the gun web sites, that 75 percent of there members are gun dealers ? Ive noticed on all of these web sites, they tend to hang out on the firearms sell and buy forums. Im wondering is this a new way to turn a profit ? When a person advertises, they have 3 of the same make and model gun for sale, never fired, new in box, with all the papers. You would have to be a dealer. My problem is i thought these forums were for everyday john and jane doe gun owners, not for a for profit buisness. Is there something wrong with my way of thinking ?

Usually small FFL License holders try to move a few models a month to be able to offset the charges they pay for their FFL. It's basically a way for them to offset their hobby.

Here, we only have a few Vendors signed up currently, but we are trying to get more in here to offer deals to members.

JD

MrKimber 03-03-2009 03:11 AM

This day and age I would welcome any arms dealer. A year from now there might not be any. (legal ones anyway)

Gestapo Hunter 03-03-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKimber (Post 77370)
This day and age I would welcome any arms dealer. A year from now there might not be any. (legal ones anyway)

shut up!! youll jinx yourself!

Bigcat_hunter 03-03-2009 03:33 AM

Since when is being a firearms dealer bad? Gun dealers that post here just like to talk guns and if they can make a sale then thats a plus. Capitalism is a good thing. Don't be mad at people aspiring to make money. Be mad at people aspiring to take your money.

CA357 03-03-2009 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcat_hunter (Post 77382)
Since when is being a firearms dealer bad? Gun dealers that post here just like to talk guns and if they can make a sale then thats a plus. Capitalism is a good thing. Don't be mad at people aspiring to make money. Be mad at people aspiring to take your money.

...and be very mad at people trying to take your guns!!!

Jay 03-03-2009 10:16 AM

Many times, FFL licensees help offset the cost of running web sites, by being a sponsor. Despite the lack of charges to belong to a forum, there is a cost to provide said forum. I take more issue with those who join up only to sell, contributing nothing at all.

reclipse3 03-05-2009 03:41 PM

You should check out Gungeeks.com, it's a social network for gun enthusiasts and it's brand new so there's no dealers there.... yet.

Samples.32 03-05-2009 04:08 PM

You do have to take into consideration that alot of dealers have lost their stores and the only way they can keep their liscense is to sell so many guns per year. Soemtimes forums liek this one are the only way.