Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > gun control on sunday nite footrball

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

When I saw that on SNF, I got so angry! It was very irresponsible on the part of NBC. I knew that this tragedy would bring on more anti-gun sentiments from the media, but I did not expect to have it preached to me during Sunday Night Football; barely 24 hours after the incident.

Who's to say that Belcher, if lacking a gun, wouldn't have beat or stabbed his girlfriend to death? Should we ban knives? I was also the victim of a stabbing and ended up with a punctured lung, colon, and diaphragm, requiring surgery to stitch my organs back up. Mr. Costas, what is your position on knives?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"
~Thomas Jefferson

"Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it."

From Long Island? Check out LItactical.com forum!!

Last edited by jgand72; 12-04-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #72

Liked 4566 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Why are we calling Belchers death a tragedy?

The only tragedy is that ^^THIS^^ selfish good for nothing ass hat chose to kill another human being before ending his own miserable life.

I hope this selfish piece of **** burns in hell for eternity and I pray that his victims Familly can find peace.

Tack

Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #73
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1354 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

The only tragedy is that ^^THIS^^ selfish good for nothing ass hat chose to kill another human being before ending his own miserable life.

I hope this selfish piece of **** burns in hell for eternity and I pray that his victims Familly can find peace.

Tack

This is exactly the point that they don't seem to get. Belcher was a murderer. When he shot himself he executed a criminal. If he'd stabbed her, he would probably still be alive, then prosecuted, then incarcerated for life, all at the taxpayers expense. Good riddance, another dirtbag takes a dirtnap and it didn't cost the American public a damn thing...except to have to put up with a nitwit like Bob Costas.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
This is exactly the point that they don't seem to get. Belcher was a murderer. When he shot himself he executed a criminal. If he'd stabbed her, he would probably still be alive, then prosecuted, then incarcerated for life, all at the taxpayers expense. Good riddance, another dirtbag takes a dirtnap and it didn't cost the American public a damn thing...except to have to put up with a nitwit like Bob Costas.
There is a short list of people on this earth who would catch a poke in the beak if I ever were to cross there path...our buddy Bob is coming dangerously close to joining that list.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #75
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2658 Times on 1549 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

This is the reply from the NRA. NBC has failed to reply.

Dear danf_fl,
Thank you for contacting NRA-ILA.

We are aware of the comments Bob Costas made on last Sunday evening on NBC Sunday Night
Football. Chief Lobbyist Chris Cox has addressed the issue and called for an apology, you
can see the article by clicking the following link: http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/03/bob-costas-interrupts-football-game-to-bash-american-gun-owners/

We are also encouraging everyone to call NBC directly to express your comments, the
number for the switchboard is 212-664-4444.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Sincerely,

Amanda
NRA-ILA Grassroots Division
www.nraila.org

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Tack
What I personally mean by tragedy is the situation. An innocent woman was killed, and a 3 month old child now has no parents. That is a tragic situation. I feel that most people probably refer to the situation as tragic. I agree Belcher's death is not; he is a murderer and has left his daughter in an awful situation.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"
~Thomas Jefferson

"Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it."

From Long Island? Check out LItactical.com forum!!

Old 12-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #77

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Bob Costas is a little troll man, who took advantage of his time on the air to show off his ignorance to everyone...

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

People Like This 
Old 12-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #78
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1171 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I and a bunch of my friends e-mailed complaints to the NFL. Have not gotten any response, but I did see Costa was on MSNBC, which was a good place for him. Continued to state his rant. Needs more complaints. I do believe the NFL took notice though. They don't like to piss off their viewers.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #79

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

I emailed and had my friends email .

No response.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-06-2012, 03:27 AM   #80

Just watched Costas on the O'Reily factor....yep...still an ass hat!