gun control on sunday nite footrball - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

gun control on sunday nite footrball

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

fired this salvo off just now,

Dear NBC,

Up until last night I had respect for Mr. Costas as a sports journalist. But he truly abused his professional position by expressing his own personal disdain against gun ownership. He mentions nothing of the 80 million registered gun owners in America who are law abiding citizens. He mentions nothing of how firearms prevent home intrusions, rapes, beatings and murders. His diatribe against citizen gun ownership shows his hypocrisy and ignorance of the subject.

How can you condone such an ignorant rant and the approval of the trampling of our U.S. Constitution? It's a sad
situation that this loser murdered an innocent woman and then cowardly took his own life. I'm sure if he didn't
have a gun, she'd still be dead but he'd be alive today.

For Bob Costas to blame this heinous act on firearms is totally irrational. What's next for Bob? Forks that
are responsible for making people fat. Or pens that make us spell wrong or films that breed violence. Personal responsibility is just that, personal. No object can relieve someone of that duty.

As a fan of the NFL and Sunday Night Football I demand an open apology from NBC and Bob Costas. Until such time I will watch, participate nor support in any way shape or form the NFL nor NBC. Shame on you both. God Bless America and the Constitution that this country was founded on.

Regards,
Dog2000TJ
Bennington VT

send one yourselves - nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
People Like This 
Old 12-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #62
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3525 Times on 2022 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Following Dog's lead, here is mine:

Gentlemen,

I am saddened by the loss of two people in the Belcher case.

Mr Belcher may have used a firearm to kill and then commit suicide, but the crime was commited by a human using an inanimate object.

Allowing Mr Costas to rant on banning guns, and that if Mr Belcher did not have a gun, then both would be alive was reporting in bad taste.

First, Mr. Costas was suppose to be doing his job of commentating the game, not his personal belief of firearms.

Second, Mr. Belcher could have used any other object to kill his girlfriend. If that would have been a golf club, would Mr. Costas be allowed to rant about banning such clubs?

Third, You allowed Mr Costas to rant his political belief on the air. As a media provider, I demand that you allow Mr. Wayne LePierre of the NRA rebuttal with equal time in the same time period allowed Mr. Costas.

danf_fl

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)
People Like This 
Old 12-04-2012, 01:13 AM   #63

Liked 4738 Times on 2358 Posts
Likes Given: 1126

Okay. How do we get ESPN contact info?

And can anyone with talent dig up the sponsors?
Time to start letter writing campaign/email in overdrive!!!!

Imagine if someone on ESPN openly called for putting African Americans back into slavery? YES, I find it THAT offensive, especially since our nations first gun control policies were aimed at keeping slaves disarmed.

Looks like a battle of wills brewing!!!

I think this is an important battle and will determine if sports shows are going to take an anti gun agenda.

GENTLEMEN! We've lost the comedians, the actors and movies, the news, television shows....

If we do not band together and keep up pressure, we will lose sports!

As it was put so much better before me...' If we don't hang together, we will hang separately.'
People Like This 
Old 12-04-2012, 02:49 AM   #64
fmj

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Okay. How do we get ESPN contact info?

And can anyone with talent dig up the sponsors?
Time to start letter writing campaign/email in overdrive!!!!

Imagine if someone on ESPN openly called for putting African Americans back into slavery? YES, I find it THAT offensive, especially since our nations first gun control policies were aimed at keeping slaves disarmed.

Looks like a battle of wills brewing!!!

I think this is an important battle and will determine if sports shows are going to take an anti gun agenda.

GENTLEMEN! We've lost the comedians, the actors and movies, the news, television shows....

If we do not band together and keep up pressure, we will lose sports!

As it was put so much better before me...' If we don't hang together, we will hang separately.'
I dont see where going after ESPN is going to help. Its an NBC program, NBC employs that runt Costas. ABC and ESPN are the same company but totally different than NBC.

Yes ALL the major outlets are biased commie bastards...but lets punish/beat the offender.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-04-2012, 03:01 AM   #65

Liked 4738 Times on 2358 Posts
Likes Given: 1126

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

I dont see where going after ESPN is going to help. Its an NBC program, NBC employs that runt Costas. ABC and ESPN are the same company but totally different than NBC.

Yes ALL the major outlets are biased commie bastards...but lets punish/beat the offender.
My post was in response to Jim Grey on ESPN who also just came out swinging against firearm ownership, and publicly backing Costas statement.
People Like This 
Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #66
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
My post was in response to Jim Grey on ESPN who also just came out swinging against firearm ownership, and publicly backing Costas statement.
OH didnt catch that one. Might have to scrounge around after class today get the facts and fire up the poison keyboard n that direction.

That will be after i find and compile a list of the top 5 sponsors of Sunday Night Football and let THEM know where we stand.

NBC can and will ignore us....but will they ignore the likes of anheiser busch?

Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #67
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8231 Times on 4240 Posts
Likes Given: 9476

IDK who sponsors ESPN or NFL because I really never, ever watch either but would join in on a write in campaign, get the contacts and I will put my name on it in a heart beat. Furthermore, I pledge to continue not watching overpaid, moronic, hypocritical nincompoops attempt to sway the minds of free Americans against the evils of guns at the same time they cheer an offensive on thats goal is to give the opposing team members concussions, broken limbs and forms of brain damage akin to Alzheimer's!

I think I can stick with that pledge to the end, I have no use for what organized sports has become or anything they stand for. The only sporting events I attend or support are my Granddaughters and even those tend to make me violently ill. Adults, Coaches and Fans saying things about and to 10 year old kids that dont need to be said! I saw one coach screaming at his girls during a B-Ball game and then he started yelling at the refs, Idiot, POS, Scumbag, made me angry!!!!!

The fact that these folks think that knowledge of any or all sports gives them a podium from which to pass judgement to the masses on anyone else is ludicrous...

Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #68
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
IDK who sponsors ESPN or NFL because I really never, ever watch either but would join in on a write in campaign, get the contacts and I will put my name on it in a heart beat. Furthermore, I pledge to continue not watching overpaid, moronic, hypocritical nincompoops attempt to sway the minds of free Americans against the evils of guns at the same time they cheer an offensive on thats goal is to give the opposing team members concussions, broken limbs and forms of brain damage akin to Alzheimer's!

I think I can stick with that pledge to the end, I have no use for what organized sports has become or anything they stand for. The only sporting events I attend or support are my Granddaughters and even those tend to make me violently ill. Adults, Coaches and Fans saying things about and to 10 year old kids that dont need to be said! I saw one coach screaming at his girls during a B-Ball game and then he started yelling at the refs, Idiot, POS, Scumbag, made me angry!!!!!

The fact that these folks think that knowledge of any or all sports gives them a podium from which to pass judgement to the masses on anyone else is ludicrous...
Heres the NBC e-mail i was able to scrounge:

nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com

More to come today after class....

Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #69
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1519 Times on 764 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

Whenever I need political advice, I always ask an actor.

Whenever I need advice about scientific/environmental issues, I always ask Tennessee lawyers.

And whenever I need an expert on controversial Constitutional issues, my first stop is a sportscaster.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #70

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62
Whenever I need political advice, I always ask an actor.

Whenever I need advice about scientific/environmental issues, I always ask Tennessee lawyers.

And whenever I need an expert on controversial Constitutional issues, my first stop is a sportscaster.
I don't find Constitutional issues controversial at all. It is everything but carved in stone. When I want to hear some jackass make a fool out of himself. I watch a sportscaster
danf_fl Likes This