gun control on sunday nite footrball - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > gun control on sunday nite footrball

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4690 Times on 2336 Posts
Likes Given: 1108

You know. I hear all the time. Especially on this forum. 'Im gonna fight if they take my guns' 'ill go down swinging'. Blah!
If 6 million Jews would have stood up in the 1930s and said, 'were armed, were here, try us.'
There probably never would have been a holocaust.

There's 90 million of us. To remain silent, on issues small as this, is inviting the disaster we claim to fear.

If there's ever a gun ban, or a public perception that its okay to trample on the constitutional rights of us citizens, I will go to my grave, SICKENED at knowing there were people who didn't speak up while they had a voice.
People Like This 
Old 12-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #42
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
You know. I hear all the time. Especially on this forum. 'Im gonna fight if they take my guns' 'ill go down swinging'. Blah!
If 6 million Jews would have stood up in the 1930s and said, 'were armed, were here, try us.'
There probably never would have been a holocaust.

There's 90 million of us. To remain silent, on issues small as this, is inviting the disaster we claim to fear.

If there's ever a gun ban, or a public perception that its okay to trample on the constitutional rights of us citizens, I will go to my grave, SICKENED at knowing there were people who didn't speak up while they had a voice.
Often in todays climate i am almost glad my grandfathers and father are dead and buried...so they wouldnt have to witness what we are seeing today. The things i am fighting against.

(But i know (if there is such a thing as an afterlife and/or heaven) that they are watching my struggles with pride in the man they raised)

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #43

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I find it a little ironic Costas said this with a Texas team playing...I would guess that's the wrong audience to spew anti-gun messages.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #44
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
I find it a little ironic Costas said this with a Texas team playing...I would guess that's the wrong audience to spew anti-gun messages.
It is after all the cowgirls...its not like its a real team or something!

Americas team my @$$ if that runt Costas isnt in the unemployment line by next Monday!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
People Like This 
Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #45

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

On you tube look this up and watch the post by whateverhappenedtocommonsense, aka common sense tv. ET is spot on in his video.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #46

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdslammer
I sent this letter to NBC.

Dear NBC,

Until last night, I had respect for Mr. Costas. Be he truly abused his professional position by expressing his own personal disdain against gun ownership. He mentions nothing of the 80 million registered gun owners in America who are law abiding citizens. He mentions nothing of how firearms prevent home intrusions, rape, beatings and murder.

How can you condone such an ignorant rant and the approval of the trampling of our U.S. Constitution? Its a sad
situation that this man murdered an innocent woman and then cowardly took his own life. I'm sure if he didn't
have a gun, she'd still be dead but he'd be alive today.

For Bob Costas to blame this heinous act on firearms is totally unwarranted. What's next Bob? Forks that
are responsible for making people fat. Or pens that make us spell wrong or films that breed violence.

We demand an open apology from NBC and Bob Costas. Shame on you both.
God Bless America and the Constitution that this country was founded on.

Mark Dalzell
Las Vegas, NV
+1 from vegas, great statment sir.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #47

Liked 27 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I've been playing Army in the Field for the past 10 days with very little signal, but I've been seeing a lot of things on Facebook about some dude named Bob Costus, I think, and about gun control. I hate being out of touch for so long.

"Music hath charm to soothe the savage beast...but I'd try a shotgun first."

Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 335 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 156

If the public is upset enough, Costas may go the same way as Howard Cosel. There are some "third rails" in politics, we shall see if they apply to sportscasters as well.

My bet is his PR dept wll apologize profusely, and like Chris Matthew's SNAFU - hope the publics attention span is mercifully short. Liberals will protect their own...

We need to set up a link so the pressure stays on. If it doesn't effect the bottom line - Costas will survive to broadcast another day.

Rare Occasions:
Women BBQed Tikki Barber who evidently forgot FOX has a "morals clause" in his contract. He became radioactive in a NY minute

Last edited by Gonzilla; 12-03-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #49

Liked 4690 Times on 2336 Posts
Likes Given: 1108

This is so important. If we can force them to capitulate, apologize, and God willing, fire him... Then the politicians will notice as well.
Let them know we don't play around when it comes to our 2nd amendment.
People Like This 
Old 12-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #50

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Yeah I saw Bob Costas at half time and was completely shocked at his ignorant statement,"That both the football player and his girlfriend would still be alive if there were no guns"???? Really??? What a stupid statement!!

IMO The football player was in complete rage when he took his girlfriends life,it wouldn't mattered if he had a gun or not! He would've found another means to carry out his crime/Sin,via knife,golf clubs,bare hands ect. ect...

A very sad day in KC,MO..RIP and condolences to their family members.