Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > gun control on sunday nite footrball

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2530 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 239

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f13/gun-control-sunday-nite-footrball-77577/
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 12-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #32
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1695 Times on 967 Posts
Likes Given: 3455

Default Call for Boycott of Sunday Night Football Sponsor's

Call for boycott of Sunday Night Football's sponsors after gun control comments

http://www.examiner.com/article/call-for-boycott-of-sunday-night-football-s-sponsors-after-gun-control-comments

Old 12-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #33

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Yep. I was in shock when I heard him say that crap. We all know the gun didn't make him do it.....he would have found another way w/out it!!!! Total BS!!!

Old 12-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #34

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

60513_10152305033005246_2030938083_n.jpg  
Old 12-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #35
fmj

Liked 749 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Here's a switchboard number for NBC... (212) 664-4444. Call them and ask to speak to Mark Lazarus (head of NBC Sports). Demand they fire Costas. Flood their phone lines! Maybe the network will get the point.
Now i need an e-mail address!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
People Like This 
Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1349 Times on 916 Posts
Likes Given: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Very good idea. Let's bombard NBC with messages.
It's a not a bad idea to show our feelings to NBC. We also need to let NBC know that people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. Far more people are injured by football each year than are injured by firearms. I am not against football. I believe football and weapons both are worth the risks. We need to let NBC know that risk cannot be legislated out of our lives.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #37
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Now i need an e-mail address!
heres the E-mail address to go with the phone number.

nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com <nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com>

Old 12-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #38

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

When individual firearm ownership is sent to the scrap heap of history as it was in Britain, the blame will not lie on those politicians who wished to enslave us, not our nations enemies, nor on the shoulders of those who sought to keep us disarmed... The blame will fall squarely on the shoulders of the millions if firearm owners who were too lazy to speak up.

When your children, or your children's children ask you, 'What was it like when people were free?'
Your reply will sound like this. 'I don't, know. We had the majority, but we were too busy, too lazy, and too scared to speak up while we could.'

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #39

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Here's my email.

No more! You are hereby boycotted! To champion the removal of a constitutional right my family has fought for?
I view the second amendment more importantly than I view football, your station and your sponsors.
Your sponsors are on notice too. Not one red cent is going to them or anything they stand for until you retract this anti-gun agenda that is being shoved down our throats.

There's 90 million Americans who feel the same way as me.

Way to lose your base... its cold when you're alone.

Sent from my iPhone

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #40
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Here's my email.

No more! You are hereby boycotted! To champion the removal of a constitutional right my family has fought for?
I view the second amendment more importantly than I view football, your station and your sponsors.
Your sponsors are on notice too. Not one red cent is going to them or anything they stand for until you retract this anti-gun agenda that is being shoved down our throats.

There's 90 million Americans who feel the same way as me.

Way to lose your base... its cold when you're alone.

Sent from my iPhone
The copy of mine...i need to learn to proof read before i hit send!

Being an avid fan of the NFL i watch Sunday Night Football religiously.

I am also an avid shooter and law abiding gun owner, a firm supporter of the second amendment and the United States Constitution. Being one of the more than 80 million LAW ABIDING gun owners in America, I am highly offended by the remarks/commentary of Bob Costas. It is a sick, sad little man to politicize a tragedy of the loss of a young life and a baby girl being orphaned by said tragedy. His anti gun, anti constitution remarks are a slap in the face to every person that has ever taken an oath to protect and defend the constitution and shed blood or have given their life in defense of that sacred document.

To this end, I will be boycotting NBC Sunday night football, (this includes missing watching my beloved Lions playing the Packers next Sunday and listening to the game on the radio) ALL NBC programming as well as an and all sponsors of the above until such time NBC apologizes to all law abiding, gun owning citizens and Bob Costas either apologizes or is fired.

NBC was quick to fire Hank Jr. over what it thought were inflammatory remarks. It stands to reason the same should be done in this case as well.

axxe55 Likes This