gun control on sunday nite footrball - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > gun control on sunday nite footrball

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Typical non gun owner blaming the tool for the actions of the user.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #22
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7315 Times on 4399 Posts
Likes Given: 8971

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross View Post
I am sending an email to NBC to voice my shock at airing the events in Kansas City on the halftime show. This was a low class attempt to capitalize on a tragic event, and Boob Costa should be removed from the commentators booth immediately.
Very good idea. Let's bombard NBC with messages.
People Like This 
Old 12-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #23

Liked 4134 Times on 2024 Posts
Likes Given: 800

Please post the contact info. I will boycott all their programs including football. I view firearm ownership as worth it.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #24

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Yep, I saw it live...made me effin' furious. Typical libretard, bed wetting fear mongering tactics...taking advantage of a tragedy and ignorance to further a political agenda.

That rant had NO place in a football game. I'd say that Costas and NBC ought to be ashamed of themselves...but they won't...

I'm sure these azzholes will jump on this too...

526310_210635512370696_2009782610_n.jpg  

Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #25
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Some blithering jackass on the half time show just gave a blistering attack on handgun ownership, and whined that the Kansas City player and his GF would still be alive if he hadn't been able to possess a handgun.

I almost lost my dinner. This kind of krap is totally inappropriate for a football game. OTOH, it was on CBS, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
It was NBC...but thats just semantics considering both stand for the same view.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #26

Liked 4134 Times on 2024 Posts
Likes Given: 800

Yeah Nothing But Communism

And Communist Broadcasting Network

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #27
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1953 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 4093

This is another reason I have lost interest in Football. It too has become political tool.

I have the idea of boxing up all New Orleans Saints stuff and setting it in the garage for good.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2950 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Counterpoint from a site I already liked quite a bit. I like it even more since this:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/cold-hard-football-facts-blog/bob-costas-mistakenly-thinks-america-cares-about-his-views/19822/

Quote:
Bob Costas Mistakenly Thinks America Cares About His Views

by Nate Winkler (@natewinkler)
CHFF Second Amendment Upholder

Bob Costas is a sports journalism icon and he has been broadcasting for NBC in some form since 1980 (according to Wikipedia.) He's covered every major sport including the Olympics and has been the voice of some of America's greatest sports moments.
He also has been known to stick his size 6.5 foot in his mouth when it comes to mixing sports and politics, and he did it again at the beginning of the second half of Sunday night's Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys game.
During the intermission NBC aired a story that highlighted the Kansas City Chiefs victory today and the responses, individually and as a whole, to the tragic events that occurred yesterday when Jovan Belcher took the life of 22 year old girlfriend Kassandra Perkins then turned the gun on himself at the Chiefs' complex. NBC highlighted the extraordinary responses Romeo Crennel and Brady Quinn and left it on an uplifting note. Enter Costas.
In his weekly Mr. Rogers moment before the second half kickoff, Costas decided to use his soapbox to give us his viewpoints on gun control, implicitly stating that had Jovan Belcher not had access to and possession of a handgun that he and the mother of his 10 week old daughter, Zoey, would still be among the living.
Costas decided to give us a lesson on what "perspective" really is, although he himself has never had to worry about where his next meal was coming from. Unable to sustain his own voice, Costas used Kansas City's Jason Whitlock's latest article as a shield to his comments, but echoing the sentiment that gun control laws should be stricter in this country and travesties like this would be prevented.
Saying as much is akin to blaming McDonald's, or forks for that matter, for the obesity problem in the United States. The second amendment is sacred among those who have defended the constitution like myself and often disregarded by those like Costas. As I learned in my nearly six years in the Marine Corps, the bad guys never play by the rules anyways. His former colleague, O.J. Simpson, didn't need a gun, did he?
Costas is a sportscaster and should have avoided the subject altogether. Many people tune in to football games for the very same reason the game went on in Kansas City, to forget about life's real problems for a moment and enjoy the game for what it is.
Nobody wins when the narrator capitalizes on a horrible crime that left two people dead and an orphaned child to thrust his political views onto his audience.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 12-03-2012 at 04:00 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5930 Times on 3354 Posts
Likes Given: 5477

I think, or maybe just hope, that most folks think like Nate.

Winston Churchill

Old 12-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #30

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1101

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23071620