Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun Club

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Gun Club

Is anyone here a member of a gun club? I am joining one tonight. the local chapter of the izzak walton league here in lincoln. I am joining because they parks department has decided to stop cutting the grass out by the lakes here where we used to shoot so its hard to set up any handgun/rifle targets anymore and its like a 30 minute drive.

the gun club has ranges from 7 yards to 300 yards. I guess ill do some trap shooting there too even though thats still pretty easy down at the lake. what really sold me on this place though is that when i went to check the place out, all the people shooting seemed really nice and gave me a little tour of the place even though they were just normal members.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8631 Times on 3740 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

When I lived in Colorado, was a member of the Ben Lomond club- nice 500+ acre range complex- you could shoot anything that did not need wheels on it.

Now living in VA, belong to Black Creek Shooters. 5 nice ranges, but only 100 yds (problem here in the East with room) Nice members, $100 yr, covered shooting line, GUNSMITH ON PREMISES, open 7 days/week.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I'm with the Great Falls Shooting Sports Complex/Ed McGivern Pistol Club. We have a 50, 100, and 300 yard ranges, and we also have a dedicated skeet/trap range.

Pretty good deal. It's only about 15 min away from my home, so I'm not complaining.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #4

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
Is anyone here a member of a gun club? I am joining one tonight. the local chapter of the izzak walton league here in lincoln. I am joining because they parks department has decided to stop cutting the grass out by the lakes here where we used to shoot so its hard to set up any handgun/rifle targets anymore and its like a 30 minute drive.

the gun club has ranges from 7 yards to 300 yards. I guess ill do some trap shooting there too even though thats still pretty easy down at the lake. what really sold me on this place though is that when i went to check the place out, all the people shooting seemed really nice and gave me a little tour of the place even though they were just normal members.

Hey I am a fellow Ike been one for 3 years. One of the best clubs to join. I am in the alexindria chapter in stafford va. Home Page IWLA - Alexandria Chapter I am chairman of the rifle range.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

here's the website for the lincoln chapter. looks like yours is really nice!

Index

Old 03-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I miss living near an Izzak range.......................

Maybe one day my town will get with the program...lol.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wisconsin Sportsman Association. Rifle, Trap, Skeet, Archery Ranges.
We promote the shooting sports along with hunter safety and 4H.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #8
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have a membership at my local range, they offer walk on's but you can save a lot of money by becoming a member if you shoot a lot. Recently the range I am a member at has a bay for members only, they have four six lane shooting bays and decided to set one aside for members. It's nice as your not shooting next to a newbee or someone you don't know. Also I get 10% off in the gun shop.