Gun cache stolen from dealer - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun cache stolen from dealer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 03:57 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
ok first why did they have to say sniper rifle, second it says A@O is a fictitious name. ok a little fishy dont you think, and third what does new jersey have to do with the story
Yeah, the story in the post makes no sense. Are they saying the stolen guns belonged to an imaginary dealer? If it's illegal to sell in Jersey, why would he even go there? Stealing guns from a "fictitious dealer" is a federal beef?
And what does Philly have to do with anything, this ocurred on the other side of the state, and Philly lives by a different set of gun laws than the rest of the state.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:59 PM   #22

I noticed the same thing and made a comment to a friend who I was reading this post to.

I suspect the reporter is probably an anti (no surprise) and termed it that way on purpose. It "sounds" like what he was trying to get across was that this was a registered business name and that they guy has an LLC maybe instead of having the business under his name. This is not unusual (it helps with liability if you get sued for example).

But, that is only my guess, I am really not sure what the point was of the statement, other than it was a reach to imply something insidious....again not unusual for the media.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #23

It wouldn't matter how legit, or shady, this dude was. ANYTHING involving gun crime is going to be sensationalized and over exposed with the upcoming changing of the guard.

Fox's news sight is plastered with a ton of incidents involving a firearm in the last week, all across the country.

I have a vendetta against toy poodles. I suppose with enough resources and enough free time, I could dig up every negative thing involving toy poodles and jamb it down the ingnorant public's throat until I have soild backing to exterminate the breed.

With the liberal media giving a free and widely distributed outlet to the gun haters, any information is going to get bent in their favor.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #24

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have to say, that this is one of the reasons, that is so hard to get firearm here in germany.
Of course we have problems whith gun crime, but I don`t think as much as in the US.

But what sepially the politicoķans don`t really want to understand is the fact, that most of the crimes comitted whith firearms, mainly do not involve legally bought weapons. Much more the illegal weapons.
Of course we can go the main trainstation in Frankfurt and find the right guy to get an illegal weapon from. But the politicians generalize the usage of firearms combined whioth crimes. So the legal and trustworthy firearm owners have a hard life.
What of course dosn`t really help the legal guunowners either, are these idiots and morons, that clean their rifle or gun on the balkony and accidently shoot their own child, because they were to stupid the empty the chamber before cleaning or after beeing hunting.

I also think this is one of the reasons, we are not allowed to buy military weapons in full auto.
Yes, we can buy a G3, used by the german military Bundeswehr, but only whith semi auto.

I guess the main difference is, that ther germans are not so (excuse the words) guncrazy as the americans are. You would never find a legal gundealer transporting such an amount of firearms worth € 200.000 in his car. Not even to the shooting range (in case he dosn`t have his own), unless it would be a rifle like I linked previosly.
If a german gunsmith or gun dealer would do something like that, he would end up in jail for sure.

Ken

Last edited by kdog; 12-27-2008 at 10:26 AM.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #25

On the other hand, alot of it has to do with the fact that Germany is fairly open on alot of stuff that's illegal in America. You can get beer at McDonalds. Prostitution is legal. And if you step out of line, the Polizei have no problem with adjusting your attitude without Internal Affairs trying to end their careers.

My largest problem with this is when Joe Thug commits a crime with a gun, the media never takes the extra step to find out where he got it, which would ultimately reveal that the problem isn't with legal owners. Joe Thug didn't go through the paper trail that we are forced to deal with.

This story isn't even close to the spirit of journalism, which is a clear reporting of the facts. It's a swirl of hacked quotes floating around some NFA guns mixed with fearmongering.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #26

unfortunately I will have to correct you.

Yes, we can get beer at McDonalds and Burger King etc, but if you step out of line and the Polizei, dein Freund und Helfer corrects you, he has just the same rights as I do.
As a matter of fact, you can spit at a police officer here in germany and he is not allowed to do anything.
You can call hin an a..hole, and the only thing he can do is file a law suit for insulting a government employee (Beamtenbeleidigung).

The problem here is, that to many peoples don`t have any respect of the police and they get throug with it.
Even if the cop only touches his gun, he can be sewed.

If you remember a few years back, when one of the RAF terrorists was shot down by the german police at a trainstation, can`t remember where that was, the cop that shot was beaten by the internals and the press. He resigned from duty not long after that happend.

We have very good police officers and also very good swat like police teams, but whenever they go out to do their job, they almost always get into the sh.t afterwards.

Oh yeah, and not to forget the good and hard german life sentence. Like for RAF Terrorist Klar, who came out after 25 years in jail.
He got life sentence for killing 9 people.

It`s a joke even thinking of letting him out.

Last edited by kdog; 12-27-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #27

My dealings with the Polizei suggest differently. Perhaps things have changed, in fact it's probably likely, but in my time there (mid to late 80S), I saw a woman spit at a group of us, hit the cop by mistake, and paid a terrible price. They were also masters of the "never-ending stick", a sort of spring baton that they swung once, but hit you about 4 more times after that. In fact, we were instructed to answer as politely as possible if ever questioned by them.

As I said, perhaps it's differnt now, and if so, that's a pity.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:09 PM   #28

Hi,

yes in the 80`s it was somewhat different.
Today the Polizei can`t really do anything whithout beeing sued. It really is a shame, but the politicians just don`t have the backbone to give them the authority they really need.

I guess similar to the US, here as soon as the Police arrests a criminal, not the crime is seen, much more the question if the police had maybe been rougher then they had to.
If so, they go to court and the criminal wins.
So the Ploizei is very demotivated.

As mentioned above, also cases like Christian Klar, the RAF terrorist, that just came free and also the other female terrorist that came free this year.
And that just because the german law says, that even a nine time murder has the right to come out of jail after 25 years.
He never had shown any remorse in his crimes done, but the court let him out.

Any time a police officer is insulted by somebody and he tries to arrest that person, he ends um iin the ****.

There is just no respect torwards the Ploizei anymore. Not like in the 80`s.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #29

Terrorists in the 80s were better looking. There was this girl on all the wanted posters, I think she was RAF, can't recall her name, but cute.

Today, all dirty looking and plain. No style.