Gun cache stolen from dealer - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun cache stolen from dealer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 06:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

He could have been followed and if he didn't leave his truck it could have gone down in an even worse way.

I personally don't like blaming victims... even if they make stupid moves.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopkick View Post
This guy was probably followed from the gun show. C'mon, you're at a gun show and you see a guy drop 200k on a butt load of class 3 weapons. If you're a dirt bag there to check out some cheap accessories and you witness this, you've hit a hell of a payday.
Butt like J.D. said, this guy should have hit a drive thru.
How irresponsible.
Ding Ding Ding!

My money is also on the scumbag from the show following this dude home. Or perhaps even one of the dealers that sold him some of the weapons. I mean, when you make purchases in that large of quantity, I imagine theres a little more conversation then "Hi, I'd like those full autos please, have a nice day"... Probably got a little bit of chit chat, enough for the person/people to figure out how to get those weapons, and then headed to a pub for some fermented beverages (another stupid move....IMO).

But, dude needs to have either a specialized rig for transportation, a full time armed guard, or at the very least an alarm on the vehicle (or a dog...but considering the weather, the dog isn't a humane choice).

Oh well, cant wait for the media and anti 2A backlash on this one...

Old 12-25-2008, 10:15 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
if you read the post it said he was out of state and bought the guns at a gun show in new jersey and returning to philly. that means he was traveling, got hungry, stopped to eat and then got robbed. its called reading people we all know how to do it, so lets do it
Valley Forge is in Pennsylvania. It says "Valley Forge gun show". I read it. You should, too. It would keep me from having to sit here chuckling while breaking this off in your ass!
Second, Valley Forge to Pittsburgh isn't a very long trip, considering the value of his cargo.
My take is that he has been squeezed by either the Italians or the Russians. Either way, this looks like gang activity. Let's just hope and pray that the bastard isn't a raghead sympathizer like Obama.........
I'm not sure how many hits you'd get by Googling "Naive Pittsburgh gun dealer", but you'll surely get more by inserting the words "Mafia", "criminal", illegal", and "Russian".

Old 12-25-2008, 10:35 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Valley Forge is in Pennsylvania. It says "Valley Forge gun show". I read it. You should, too. It would keep me from having to sit here chuckling while breaking this off in your ass!
While funny, and I did laugh out loud, the Admin has asked that we keep the personal attacks to a minimum gents.

Thank you -

JD

Old 12-26-2008, 02:32 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Mea culpa. I couldn't pass it up. No malice intended. I'd have done the same to anyone.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:00 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You know... I'm a man who tries to live a life above reproach, but if I KNEW there was a truck full of top of the line firearms and a gangster's roll of cash, I'd be hard pressed NOT to want to grab it.... In the end I probably wouldn't do it, but I'd hate myself for it later

Old 12-26-2008, 03:13 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Second, Valley Forge to Pittsburgh isn't a very long trip, considering the value of his cargo.
My take is that he has been squeezed by either the Italians or the Russians. Either way, this looks like gang activity. Let's just hope and pray that the bastard isn't a raghead sympathizer like Obama.........
I'm not sure how many hits you'd get by Googling "Naive Pittsburgh gun dealer", but you'll surely get more by inserting the words "Mafia", "criminal", illegal", and "Russian".
sorry i dont know where every town is in every state

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 12-26-2008, 03:26 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculker View Post

According to Upper Merion Township police, at least 24 firearms, including machine guns and sniper rifles, valued at more than $200,000, were stolen from a Ford F-350 pickup around 8:30 p.m. Sunday.

"It is a federal crime to steal guns from a licensed gun dealer," Hageman said.
State records show that Arms & Ordnance is a fictitious name registered to F. Charles Logan. No one answered the phone at his store yesterday.

Because machine guns are illegal in New Jersey, no one can get a Class 3 license to sell them to New Jerseyans, Hageman said.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/20081223_Gun_cache_stolen_from_dealer.html
ok first why did they have to say sniper rifle, second it says A@O is a fictitious name. ok a little fishy dont you think, and third what does new jersey have to do with the story

Wars begin where u will

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

Old 12-26-2008, 04:20 AM   #19

Well the guy made an idiotic decision that he'll regret for a long time, but he's no criminal. He did NOT violate anyone's rights, and he should NOT be thrown in jail.

Even the wisest men make choices that seem to defy all logic, but we're only human. He stopped to get a bite to eat, that's all.

I hope he's able to recover the weapons, and I hope he carries on with his goal to provide firearms to all free Americans.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Old 12-26-2008, 04:28 AM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

the more i think about it though... he couldve set the whole thing up. but yes i do agree with you bpond, s#!t does happen to even the smartest of people

Wars begin where u will