Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun Bumper Stickers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love
mrnole2u:
Florida State for LIFE!!!

I cc string side IWB which makes it hard/slow to draw while seated in the driver's seat with a seat belt on. I keep a Springfield XDm9 unholstered in my glove box for ease of access. Putting it in a safe would defeat the purpose. I find comfort in having a full size sidearm within a seconds reach whenever I drive my vehicle, I just don't want to advertise I love guns. I just don't see a purpose for the stickers other than cool factor.

image-3688384036.jpg

image-1034190118.jpg

This is WAY faster then reaching for your handgun in your glovebox.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 AM   #42

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan16 View Post

This is WAY faster then reaching for your handgun in your glovebox.
I'm actually thinking about making one of these too.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #43

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

I'm actually thinking about making one of these too.
I also have one of those magnetic things in the rear compartment that works well also.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:09 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have no stickers on my car. Someone in our family has their own business, and my parents put stickers on their car. One day my mom didn't completely stop at a stop sign and a cop pulled her and asked if the sticker was a family business, because he sees people pull out of our neighborhood with them. That got me thinking that stickers make vehicles easier to identify...

Old 12-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #45

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I got pulled over one time for a no seatblet and first thing the cop asked was if I was carrying, I said yes and asked how he knew. He said he knew because of the local gun shop sticker on my truck..

Made me think about it. Don't really care too much. I dont live in a big city, my truck is never in a bad place or away from me, much. I then put a support the second amendment sticker on my truck, too. I will be taking off the local gun shop on and putting up a big ar-15 in its place though.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #46

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Dr. office

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
I don't advertise for any cause or the fact that I'm a gun owner on my car. I do have a couple STL Cardinals stickers on the windows. I don't want people that I don't know knowing my politics or what I own. I don't even tell my doctor's office that I'm a gun owner.
Funny you mention Doc office i went in for my quarterly diabetes chick and the doc says I have a new system and asked me ?'s and one of them is do you own guns. My answer easy no , do you smoke no, do you hear voices no, And the best of all why do you own a gun ? I said I don't own a gun doc so how can i answer why I own a gun ??? this is a family practice doc who just got a "Free health care computer" for participating in surveys of patients. WTF this is nasty stuff and I am switching docs now I don't like that stuff ! BTW every time I goto doc I hear him moan and groan about obama care non stop. And now he is feeding in to their free computer that is obama care approved. And what does a gun have to do with diabetes ???

"It's nobody's business what the voice in my head tell me !!!"

And I agree every time I see a car or truck with all the gun stickers I'm like they are either posers like the harley sticker owners or just wanting to brag they have a gun like the insecure harley coated sticker cars And the ladies with all the pink browning stickers all over their trucks ? My favorite was a corvette with a usmc sticker said "guns don't kill people I do", and a "Yes I am armed and ready to kill you" , and a Large Browning logo in back window. I just thought to myself where is the harley sticker ???

Last edited by eltoro; 12-03-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #47

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
Funny you mention Doc office i went in for my quarterly diabetes chick and the doc says I have a new system and asked me ?'s and one of them is do you own guns. My answer easy no , do you smoke no, do you hear voices no, And the best of all why do you own a gun ? I said I don't own a gun doc so how can i answer why I own a gun ??? this is a family practice doc who just got a "Free health care computer" for participating in surveys of patients. WTF this is nasty stuff and I am switching docs now I don't like that stuff ! BTW every time I goto doc I hear him moan and groan about obama care non stop. And now he is feeding in to their free computer that is obama care approved. And what does a gun have to do with diabetes ???

"It's nobody's business what the voice in my head tell me !!!"

And I agree every time I see a car or truck with all the gun stickers I'm like they are either posers like the harley sticker owners or just wanting to brag they have a gun like the insecure harley coated sticker cars And the ladies with all the pink browning stickers all over their trucks ? My favorite was a corvette with a usmc sticker said "guns don't kill people I do", and a "Yes I am armed and ready to kill you" , and a Large Browning logo in back window. I just thought to myself where is the harley sticker ???
Really? I got an email with this and made a thread on it in another forum. It was quickly disproved

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/medicare.asp

Thats very interesting you have a first hand account of it.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #48

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I'm not on medicare and the doctor did ask this ? and I asked what guns had to do with diabetes he said I don't know I said I didn't also since they don't have sugar.

Why would the dr ask if it is not required ? All I know is I won't return to this dr after that. Plus he is arguing that some marks i have on my leg which i know what they are because I saw what bit the heck out of me "fire ants" I ran over a mound in my yard with my little tractor. Well he says it's my diabetes out of control and meds need raised and blah blah funny sugar is always stable diet is ok could be better, and I know what a fire ant looks and feels like .

Last edited by eltoro; 12-03-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #49
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7884

I know pediatricians are now asking parents if they have guns in the house.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #50

Liked 4421 Times on 2144 Posts
Likes Given: 1311

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I know pediatricians are now asking parents if they have guns in the house.
They were doing this long before Obama Care. I walked away from 2 different Doctor Offices because of this question on there new patient information forms and I made sure they knew why my Familly would not be using there services.

Lots of ruhmors about the CDC funding these questionnaires and speculation about the Government trying to draw a correlation between shooting victims and documentation that the victims household did have guns in it.

I read somewhere "online of course" that all of this was an attempt to back up the CDC's previously issued bogus claims that a self defense gun in the home was x% more likely to harm you or a loved one than actually being used against an attacker.

I don't know about any of that. All I know is that after moving may Familly 10 years ago and looking for new Doctors, we ran into this twice. Our current Familly physican never asked and has been a good fit for us going on 10 years now.

Tack