Gun Bumper Stickers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gun Bumper Stickers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Default Gun Bumper Stickers

One of the craziest thing I see is bumper stickers on the back of cars. The advertise a gun manufacturer or opinion. Here is the problem as I see it. I volunteer at schools, go into the country court house to use the law library and enter other buildings where guns are not permitted. So where is the gun? In the car. Where are the bad guys? In the parking lot. So what car would look good to them to break into and have a good pay day? The one that says "I have a gun in the car". Because you are in a building that they know a good law abiding would not carry a weapon into. They would. Now have I carried into a place I was not suppose to sure. I am a sinner. Most of the time my mind just forgot. But the issue is, take the gun stickers off the cars. Bad guys love them! I live in Texas, it is assumed there is one in there anyway. But do not help them decide which car to break into.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-26-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by VannMann View Post
One of the craziest thing I see is bumper stickers on the back of cars. The advertise a gun manufacturer or opinion. Here is the problem as I see it. I volunteer at schools, go into the country court house to use the law library and enter other buildings where guns are not permitted. So where is the gun? In the car. Where are the bad guys? In the parking lot. So what car would look good to them to break into and have a good pay day? The one that says "I have a gun in the car". Because you are in a building that they know a good law abiding would not carry a weapon into. They would. Now have I carried into a place I was not suppose to sure. I am a sinner. Most of the time my mind just forgot. But the issue is, take the gun stickers off the cars. Bad guys love them! I live in Texas, it is assumed there is one in there anyway. But do not help them decide which car to break into.
Good point to digest.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I don't advertise for any cause or the fact that I'm a gun owner on my car. I do have a couple STL Cardinals stickers on the windows. I don't want people that I don't know knowing my politics or what I own. I don't even tell my doctor's office that I'm a gun owner.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:41 AM   #4

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

Had this very argument with a friend on Saturday. We were leaving a gunshow where my friend had donated and joined GeorgiaCarry.org, and the packet they gave him contained a "ga carry" sticker. He immediately slapped it on his cars back glass. He said he wanted to support his organization, I said I'd never advertise that I carry. Guess we both have a good reason for our opinion...

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

I don't even like to wear t shirts with gun logos for almost the same reason.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #6

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

It's just like CC VS OC. Both have perks and cons. It's up to a person to decide which one they prefer. Does having that sticker or OC make you a target or does it show you are not to be messed with?

Old 11-26-2012, 02:49 AM   #7

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Sure you are not to be messed with, if you are IN the car. But if you are not IN the car, and you are IN a building that you cannot carry IN, then your car is defenseless.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #8

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

OC gives the BG the advantage. That's a no no in my book! VA has OC but I only see that at a range, if then, My CCW means just that; DON'T ADVERTISE!

Old 11-26-2012, 04:58 AM   #9

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I have a NRA sticker, one that says Got Sig? And a Firearms Talk sticker on my car. I don't see any problem with it. Many people use bumpers or back glass to say something or another. I've yet to have a vehicle messed with. Just like I've never had a problem when I OC'd someplace. I don't think either pouts a target on your back or back glass as the case may be. I'd wager most people don't try to rob cops is that gun on their hip. If you are situationally aware (and you should be armed or not) there shouldn't be a problem. But that's just one mans opinion. And like farts everyone has em and they most the time stink.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 11-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #10

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Living in some places in the US, Cities, for instance where there are thugs and zombies in huge numbers, we should or must consider our firearms as we would consider a poker hand, never reveal it to others ! They can't steal or beat a hand that they are unaware of .

NRA Lifer Since 1968
Former USMC
Former Texas NG