Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Gun Bumper Stickers (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/gun-bumper-stickers-77099/)

VannMann 11-26-2012 01:45 AM

Gun Bumper Stickers

One of the craziest thing I see is bumper stickers on the back of cars. The advertise a gun manufacturer or opinion. Here is the problem as I see it. I volunteer at schools, go into the country court house to use the law library and enter other buildings where guns are not permitted. So where is the gun? In the car. Where are the bad guys? In the parking lot. So what car would look good to them to break into and have a good pay day? The one that says "I have a gun in the car". Because you are in a building that they know a good law abiding would not carry a weapon into. They would. Now have I carried into a place I was not suppose to sure. I am a sinner. Most of the time my mind just forgot. But the issue is, take the gun stickers off the cars. Bad guys love them! I live in Texas, it is assumed there is one in there anyway. But do not help them decide which car to break into.

PanBaccha 11-26-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VannMann (Post 1027175)
One of the craziest thing I see is bumper stickers on the back of cars. The advertise a gun manufacturer or opinion. Here is the problem as I see it. I volunteer at schools, go into the country court house to use the law library and enter other buildings where guns are not permitted. So where is the gun? In the car. Where are the bad guys? In the parking lot. So what car would look good to them to break into and have a good pay day? The one that says "I have a gun in the car". Because you are in a building that they know a good law abiding would not carry a weapon into. They would. Now have I carried into a place I was not suppose to sure. I am a sinner. Most of the time my mind just forgot. But the issue is, take the gun stickers off the cars. Bad guys love them! I live in Texas, it is assumed there is one in there anyway. But do not help them decide which car to break into.

Good point to digest.

aandabooks 11-26-2012 02:05 AM

I don't advertise for any cause or the fact that I'm a gun owner on my car. I do have a couple STL Cardinals stickers on the windows. I don't want people that I don't know knowing my politics or what I own. I don't even tell my doctor's office that I'm a gun owner.

MoreAltitude 11-26-2012 02:41 AM

Had this very argument with a friend on Saturday. We were leaving a gunshow where my friend had donated and joined GeorgiaCarry.org, and the packet they gave him contained a "ga carry" sticker. He immediately slapped it on his cars back glass. He said he wanted to support his organization, I said I'd never advertise that I carry. Guess we both have a good reason for our opinion...

cllowe 11-26-2012 02:57 AM

I don't even like to wear t shirts with gun logos for almost the same reason.

cvia 11-26-2012 03:03 AM

It's just like CC VS OC. Both have perks and cons. It's up to a person to decide which one they prefer. Does having that sticker or OC make you a target or does it show you are not to be messed with?

VannMann 11-26-2012 03:49 AM

Sure you are not to be messed with, if you are IN the car. But if you are not IN the car, and you are IN a building that you cannot carry IN, then your car is defenseless.

mountainskytop 11-26-2012 04:36 AM

OC gives the BG the advantage. That's a no no in my book! VA has OC but I only see that at a range, if then, My CCW means just that; DON'T ADVERTISE!

DrumJunkie 11-26-2012 05:58 AM

I have a NRA sticker, one that says Got Sig? And a Firearms Talk sticker on my car. I don't see any problem with it. Many people use bumpers or back glass to say something or another. I've yet to have a vehicle messed with. Just like I've never had a problem when I OC'd someplace. I don't think either pouts a target on your back or back glass as the case may be. I'd wager most people don't try to rob cops is that gun on their hip. If you are situationally aware (and you should be armed or not) there shouldn't be a problem. But that's just one mans opinion. And like farts everyone has em and they most the time stink.

cuate 11-26-2012 04:03 PM

Living in some places in the US, Cities, for instance where there are thugs and zombies in huge numbers, we should or must consider our firearms as we would consider a poker hand, never reveal it to others ! They can't steal or beat a hand that they are unaware of .