Guess Who's Getting a Credit Card?!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Guess Who's Getting a Credit Card?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Guess Who's Getting a Credit Card?!

Not me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Do you guys want to see the annual fees? It's make y'all jealous!

Old 03-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Who's that from Vinnie the loan shark?
Annual fee's a pound of flesh?

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 03-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

OMG That is a rip off. Chase Nailed it to me and jumped mine from 9.99% top effing 29.99% effing douche bags.

I am calling them today and canceling it. then I am going to pay every last dime into that pit till it is paid off and never ever have another credit card again.

Screw you people who think you have to have one. My mom and dad have lived rather nicely without for over 20 years. They both have nice pick ups that are paid off. they have 3 homes and a shop on 4 pieces of land that are all paid off. Yet they don't have a credit card. GO figure you don't need one that is a lie feed to everyone by the credid card companies in the first place to get you stuck into the cycle of paying someone to spend your own money. I was bad at one time. I have 4 credit cards. I was so screwed the hell up with all of them. I ended up with the use one to pay the other. I think credit cards are evil and there is not a single need to own one. Unless you like paying other people money to spend your own money.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #5

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Nothing wrong with credit cards.

Caveat: as long as you have the discipline to not charge anything you don't intend to pay in full when the statement comes in. I got my first in 1981 and have never have paid a dime of interest on any of them. The cash back bonus from my Discover card has bought a lot of nifty stuff - and I've had this one since it was created in the mid-80s.

Caveat: I will not have a card with an annual fee...

Old 03-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post

Caveat: as long as you have the discipline to not charge anything you don't intend to pay in full when the statement comes in. I got my first in 1981 and have never have paid a dime of interest on any of them. The cash back bonus from my Discover card has bought a lot of nifty stuff - and I've had this one since it was created in the mid-80s.

I completely agree. No annual fees??? So is this bad?

Old 03-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

59.9% ?!?!?!

Holy F**K!!

Is that even legal?! Wasn't one of the reasons that loan sharks were originally targeted was that the public could not, in normal payment arrangments, ever get out of debt?

I know the IRS wanted their taxes, but I am sure I remember reading that part of the sales pitch was that it was for the good of the people. The long gouging interest rates that had them paying interest on interest long after the principle was effectively "repaid".

Quick math shows:

If you charge $300 on that card, $20 is the minimum monthly payment, and you never charge anything else:

It will take you 2 years to pay off and you will pay an additional $268 in interest!

There is no way that is not criminal....

Old 03-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #8

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Heck, I knew a guy in the Navy that would loan $20 for $40 on the next pay day!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I learned my lesson shortly after highschool. Since then I haven't had a single credit card and don't want one,ever. If I don't have the cash to get it, then don't get it.

You do have to manage your money well though and save alot. I use a simple spreadsheet to manage my budget which calculates my fixed and variable income, savings, debt,etc.. That way you can see what you and where you are spending.

I also like the 80/10/10 budget. I can live on 80% of my income, 10% to savings, 10% to God.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post

+1

except for the '81 part, im not that old!!