Ground Zero
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ground Zero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default Ground Zero

Recently the wife and I were in NYC and made a point to stop at ground zero and go around the block to the tribute building. Well in the building they have a scale model of what this site is attended to look like. Beautiful is all that I can say. Now today seeing the waterfall pools where the towers once stood, im glad that finally the site is coming together.

Has anyone been to the city and seen the model I am talking about. If so what are your thoughts on the freedom tower, waterfalls, the park, and ground zero in general.

We will never forget what took place a decade ago, and I feel this site is going to be magnificent when finished.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #2

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

The Park and Waterfalls at Ground Zero will be like the U.S.S. Arizona mem. Pearl Harbor....Hawaii......Lasting as long as this country stands on this earth........

Old 09-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was at the world trade center last may and it was just a huge construction site. I can't believe how fast everything is coming together. The 4 or 5 times I've been in that area since the attack it just seemed like a mass of unorganized construction. It looks great now. Can't wait to get there and see it in person.

I saw that people were worried, so I said to them and to their leaders and officials, "Don't be afraid of our enemies. Remember how great and terrifying the Lord is, and fight for your relatives, your children, your wives, and your homes." - Nehemiah 4:14
You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #4

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Those were my same thoughts when we were there in march also. We will be going back when the tower is finished.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy