Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gremlin Sighting in my Driveway

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default Gremlin Sighting in my Driveway

As we were heading to bed around midnight last night, my wife spotted somebody hunched over at the rear wheel of my truck. I grabbed my Model 37 and a flashlight, handed her the phone to dial 911 if necessary and went out to check. (I almost grabbed my shotgun)

I didn't spot anybody, so I checked the area and came up empty. We were too wired to go to sleep right away, so we stayed up and read for a while before sleep would come.

We live in a very good neighborhood, but anything can happen in the city. A nice neighborhood isn't what it once represented.

Since we live in CA, I only carry the 37 at home in an IWB holster.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #2

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Sorry to hear about that. Did you learn anything that maybe you need to add to your defence plan, or maybe learn somthing you need to cut out to simplify? Situations like that are a mixed blessing, I just hope you walked away with valuable information.

Glad to hear everyones ok

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks Byrd. I learned that if I had moved a bit faster, I might have caught the guy. I also learned that my small Surefire flashlight really illuminates quite well and to fairly long distances.

I also learned that my wife doesn't know how to be silent. I had to keep shushing her so I could hear.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sounds like time for some motion detector lighting. Maybe one of those security camera systems??

OC

"magbum"

Old 09-19-2009, 11:14 PM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC357 View Post
Sounds like time for some motion detector lighting. Maybe one of those security camera systems??

OC
That's a good idea, OC. They can be had relatively cheap at several places. I see them all the time in Sportman's Guide.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-19-2009, 11:16 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I also learned that my wife doesn't know how to be silent. I had to keep shushing her so I could hear.
Does anyone know any woman that can be silent?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It was dangerous. She kept talking and I really had trouble hearing.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:18 AM   #8

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
It was dangerous. She kept talking and I really had trouble hearing.
I trust you talked to her about the importance of it afterwards. Also, +1 to the motion lights. They are awsome and work well. Great for spotting them damn coons late at night too!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Does anyone know any woman that can be silent?

Yeah that one is quite easy... Tell her she needs to lose about 30 pounds she will be shocked into silence and refuse to speak to you afterwards.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

My wife is Sicilian. You tell her she needs to lose weight Samples.