The Great Safe Queen Debate
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Great Safe Queen Debate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default The Great Safe Queen Debate

State if you're for or against, and your reasoning.

Personally, I had a safe queen knife. Screamed at the wife, she wanted to actually CUT something with it.

First time I took it out and did cut something, chipped it immediately.

Precious few safe queens now.

Share.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2010, 12:39 AM   #2

Liked 1837 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

I shoot everything I own.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:49 AM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Right now I shoot everything. In the future I will have guns that will not be shot or they will be shot very little.

I like safe queens. Guys keep them for ever then they sell them and make good deals on them.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:57 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I'm the guy that would just love to go deer hunting in the brush during a rainstorm with someones NIB pre-64 winchester, or take someones mint 67 mustang with the original tires and sticker in the window to the drag strip (or the mud bog)
If its a valuable piece of history then it belongs in a museum, but if I ever get my hands on it I'm using it the way it was intended

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 08-01-2010, 02:50 AM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I'm with the use crowd. I gotta know if it works, if the price was warranted.

I understand a collectors piece, but I'm not a museum. I gotta know the piece was worth having.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:50 AM   #6

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Everyone has a collection. I have guns, but for strictly utilitarian uses so far. I collect other things.

But for me, guns are for shooting.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 08-01-2010, 05:01 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I have some guns I rarely shoot. I bought them to shoot but find I generally grab something else. I suppose I should get a table at a gun show and offload a few.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:01 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

All of my guns are shooters and all of my knives get used. I take good care of my stuff and some of my things still look new, but they're going to work for me. If I want to just look at something, we have some very nice art to contemplate.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-01-2010, 05:08 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I don't enjoy things that I don't use. I've got friends who are proper knife collectors and keep them pristine in their boxes and only keep a few that they actually use. That's the way they enjoy their knives, to each their own.

I'm the same way with my guns, I shoot them all and I won't buy a gun that I can't shoot to my heart's content.

I do understand hardcore collectors that keep their knives and guns NIB. One of them once explained that he feels a bit like a curator, his collection is something he builds because he feels these items need to be preserved for people in the future to enjoy. they work quite hard, research a lot, document all their pieces, etc. I've learned a lot about knives from these folks and while they haven't convinced me to stop beating the crap out of my expensive one of a kind customs I do respect them.

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 08-01-2010, 05:23 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I have a gi I don't wear anymore. I only wore it once and didn't like it. It's made for someone as skinny as I used to be.

I was planning on putting it in the white elephant giveaway?

Do you want it BB? It's blue and has our school logo on the back.