Great quote from Ann Coulter - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Great quote from Ann Coulter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 10:10 AM   #31
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorman18 View Post
Okay, that's fair. I like a little acid with my chuckles, especially about liberals. "Senator Kennedy, we'll drive off that bridge when we come to it..."
Me too. Sarcasm is a wonderful literary tool.

Quote:
As far as commenting on the previous week--well, no offense, but "duh"--she's a columnist, not a reporter.
I mean in contrast to someone like Michelle Malkin who actually helps break news as well as write a column and appear on news programs.

Quote:
How do you feel about George Will? I like him, except he's pretty soft on gun control.
George Will is pretty good. Mike Adams is outstanding. So are Thomas Sowell, Walter E. Williams, Alicia Colon, Charlies Krauthammer, Jonah Goldberg, Fred Thompson, Phyllis Schlafly, and Victor David Hanson. There are a bunch of other good commentators at TownHall.com, AmericanThinker.com, and NYPost.com.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #32

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
George Will is pretty good. Mike Adams is outstanding. So are Thomas Sowell, Walter E. Williams, Alicia Colon, Charlies Krauthammer, Jonah Goldberg, Fred Thompson, Phyllis Schlafly, and Victor David Hanson. There are a bunch of other good commentators at TownHall.com, AmericanThinker.com, and NYPost.com.
One of the few really frustrating things about my BlackBerry, besides having no video capability, is that Townhall.com is almost impossible to use. I love the site, but it navigates erratically and takes forever to move between pages.

After all this, I find myself wishing that someone had commented on the actual quote that I originally posted. I still think it was pretty good.

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 08-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think she is real interesting female conservative,I see her alot on Fox news,she is a guest speaker on several conservative shows I listen to on Sirius Satellite Radio from time to time,When she is serious(Not debating someone's views') she tells it like it is,she is real good at ticking off the moderate republicans(Moderates are fence sitters not taking a side!),hey I like her and it's all about free speech,she's a heck of alot better to listen to than,Cindy Sheehan,Rosie O'Donnell ,or Hilary Rodum Clinton for sure.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:14 PM   #34

Default Indeed

Ann is one of the few authors who makes me laugh out loud with her outrageous analogies. My woman likes her, but just doesn't care for her harshness.

My favorite Ann line came from a TV show where they were complaining that she had called the New York / New Jersey 911 widows "happy widows" or some such. She calmly set the record straight on the entire quote, then said, "It's interesting that not one liberal democrat has protested the fact i called them all Godless." With one sentence, she impaled them all!

Oh, to have a rapid wit like that!

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:04 PM   #35

Default count your spoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
Ann is one of the few authors who makes me laugh out loud with her outrageous analogies. My woman likes her, but just doesn't care for her harshness.

My favorite Ann line came from a TV show where they were complaining that she had called the New York / New Jersey 911 widows "happy widows" or some such. She calmly set the record straight on the entire quote, then said, "It's interesting that not one liberal democrat has protested the fact i called them all Godless." With one sentence, she impaled them all!

Oh, to have a rapid wit like that!

My favorite so far is a column where she was making fun of Clinton's supporters being shocked--shocked!--that Bill and Hillary looted the White House of $28,000 worth of furniture and silver that belonged to the National Park Service when he left office. Really? Shocked? That after perjury, obstruction of justice, witness tampering, sexual harassment, selling pardons, concealing subpoenaed documents, and alleged rape, that this guy would stoop to stealing the silverware and sofas?

(that was Coulter, paraphrased; the rest here is me.)

Someone once said that Bill
Clinton was the kind of guy you'd like to have over for dinner, just for entertaining conversation--but you count the spoons before he leaves. Turns out that was literally true.

And now Hillary wants another shot. God help us.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #36

Default harshness

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
...My woman likes her, but just doesn't care for her harshness....
Complaints about Coulter's "harshness" put me in mind of an exchange I've heard often here in Texas:

"But handguns are just good for killing people!"

"Sometimes people need killin'."

When talking about lying, treasonous,
America-hating social ist windbags and crooks, harshness is sometimes called for. Pretty often, IMHO.