Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Great quote from Ann Coulter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 02:19 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default you got that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
Ann calls him the "Breck Girl" and it fits. He made millions chasing ambulances and "channeling dead babies" to pathetically ignorant jurors who "stuck it to" all thos evil doctors who spent their entire careers trying to save lives. Mr Edwards is one of the reasons that many OB/GYN doctors are QUITTING. They can no longer afford the malpractice rates. There is nothing Ann can say about Edwards that is HALF as nasty as he actually is.

Exactly. Benjamin. Franklin once described a similar character: "He is like a dead fish in the moonlight; he shines, and stinks."

Some Americans actually vote for a candidate because he's better-looking than the others. If Edwards gets in, God help us; I'd almost prefer Hillary. Almost.

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 08-18-2007, 02:24 AM   #22

Default Thanks

Quote:
She is my hero. She has a national forum to say what many of us are thinking. Sure, she goes a little far at times, but I agree with about 98% of what she says.

Thanks. I was beginning to think I was the only one here who "got" her.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:36 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Ann calls him the "Breck Girl" and it fits. He made millions chasing ambulances and "channeling dead babies" to pathetically ignorant jurors who "stuck it to" all thos evil doctors who spent their entire careers trying to save lives. Mr Edwards is one of the reasons that many OB/GYN doctors are QUITTING. They can no longer afford the malpractice rates. There is nothing Ann can say about Edwards that is HALF as nasty as he actually is.

I'm not defending anything John Edwards has done, as a matter of fact I dislike him more than a lot of people. I'm more so defending homosexuals, derogatory remarks like that only breed hate however they are used. I don't care what she says or writes to be honest, but I don't have to like it or respect her.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 08-18-2007, 03:05 AM   #24
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Instead of Savage we get Neil Bortz. He's constantly promoting his Fair Tax proposal.

I find Rush to be pretty insightful. He's not a puppet like Hannity. I think a lot of politicians consult with Rush or at least listen and dwell on the things he talks about.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:37 AM   #25

Default I'm just glad there's so many to choose from

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Instead of Savage we get Neil Bortz. He's constantly promoting his Fair Tax proposal.

I find Rush to be pretty insightful. He's not a puppet like Hannity. I think a lot of politicians consult with Rush or at least listen and dwell on the things he talks about.
Rush is OK. Just as some of you don't care for Coulter's abrasiveness, I get tired of Rush's smartest-guy-in-the-universe shtick. Given the size of his audience and his influence, he must be doing something right (no pun intended).

I actually think it's pretty cool that we disagree on this stuff. The Left likes to pretend we're all a bunch of Rush-worshipping zombies that march in lockstep and believe what we're told; couldn't tell that from THIS thread.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:45 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The absolute worst is celebrity wanna' be pundits. Those guys and gals make me want to take a 2x4 and bash myself into a coma.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 08-18-2007, 03:52 AM   #27

Default Uh-huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS33 View Post
The absolute worst is celebrity wanna' be pundits. Those guys and gals make me want to take a 2x4 and bash myself into a coma.
Rosie O'Donnell comes to mind. So does a 2x4, but in an only slightly different application... A coma would be involved, though.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:09 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorman18 View Post
Rosie O'Donnell comes to mind. So does a 2x4, but in an only slightly different application... A coma would be involved, though.

- Jack Handey

Old 08-18-2007, 04:49 AM   #29
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

What about Sean Penn. Such a little weasel.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:45 AM   #30

Default such a waste

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
What about Sean Penn. Such a little weasel.
It's such a waste of time and talent when these Hollywood types try to get involved in politics. I mean, they have a right to speak out like anyone else, but do they have to be so DUMB? Why can't they stick to their trades and keep their politics with their personal lives? I mean, you don't see Dick Cheney trying to sing show tunes or Harry Reid trying to direct a movie.

I mean, really, Sean Penn is a very fine actor, and Barbra Streisand is one of the greatest voices of her generation. Politics aside, I know talent and skill when I see it and hear it. But it's the actor's job to make his audience forget he's an actor and believe in the character he's playing (think of Tom Hanks in "Forrest Gump", the best job of pure acting I've ever seen). It's hard to do that with Penn when you can't get the image of his kissing Hugo Chavez's ass out of your mind.

In the same way, it's hard to relax and enjoy a singer's voice and interpretation of a song when you've seen her looney-tunes political website.

It really annoys me. I like Alec Baldwin's movies, and he's ruining them for me. Same for George Clooney. Why would these people screw up their own work like this? I mean, it's not like anyone's going to ask them to serve in the Cabinet, or seriously think of them as great political thinkers.

If actors and singers want to wreck their careers and lose tons of money and respect, why can't they do it the traditional way, with booze, drugs and indiscriminate sex?

I say actors should stick to acting, singers should stick to singing, and they should both leave stupidity, corruption and lying to the politicians and pundits who've had so much more experience with them. Let me enjoy your acting and singing; don't force me to face the fact that you're an idiot.