Great quote from Ann Coulter - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Great quote from Ann Coulter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #11
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

http://www.anncoulter.com/ every Thursday.

Her writing style is admittedly ascerbic; she has a biting wit that can put off many people. I find her stories amusing but rarely informative (because she writes about stuff that happened in the previous week).

Old 08-17-2007, 10:49 PM   #12
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorman18 View Post
I wrote my original post to encourage conservatives who haven't read her work to read it--not to invite comment from those who refuse to.
We have read her work. Maybe not every single thing like you. Seems like your just like the same people you preach against. If someone disagrees with your opinion then they aren't informed enough or just dumb. Sorry to bust your bubble that not all Conservatives like Ann Coulter.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:47 PM   #13

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default correction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS33 View Post
I cited 2 things she has said that I either disagree with or is hateful.
No; you cited 2 things you HEARD that she said, both out of context and ignoring Coulter's comments on the matter.

Coming on the heels of John Edwards' famous $400 haircut, the "faggot" remark was pretty clearly a joke; in poor taste perhaps, but the press ran with it as if she had actually, seriously called him a homosexual. That's laughable. I find the objections to even a tasteless joke pretty hard to take from people who routinely, and with deadly seriousness (i.e., NOT joking), call our President a liar, a corrupt schemer, a murderer, a mental defective, a war criminal, a Fascist, a new Hitler, and much worse without even attracting the notice of the press. In that context, I think pointing out the preciousness of Edwards' personal vanity doesn't quite amount to hate speech.

On the matter of "killing civilians," this is the last paragraph of the column you may be referring to. Notice the date.

"Airports scrupulously apply the same laughably ineffective airport harassment to Suzy Chapstick as to Muslim hijackers. It is preposterous to assume every passenger is a potential crazed homicidal maniac. We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now. We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and concert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."
--September 12, 2001

I suspect a lot of us said similar things on that date. But I'll bet wherever you read she said that, the date wasn't mentioned.

I'd like to see some actual quotes from her actual columns that people disagree with, as opposed to allusions to things they've HEARD she said.

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 08-18-2007, 12:48 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorman18 View Post
No; you cited 2 things you HEARD that she said, both out of context and ignoring Coulter's comments on the matter.

Coming on the heels of John Edwards' famous $400 haircut, the "faggot" remark was pretty clearly a joke; in poor taste perhaps, but the press ran with it as if she had actually, seriously called him a homosexual. That's laughable. I find the objections to even a tasteless joke pretty hard to take from people who routinely, and with deadly seriousness (i.e., NOT joking), call our President a liar, a corrupt schemer, a murderer, a mental defective, a war criminal, a Fascist, a new Hitler, and much worse without even attracting the notice of the press. In that context, I think pointing out the preciousness of Edwards' personal vanity doesn't quite amount to hate speech.

On the matter of "killing civilians," this is the last paragraph of the column you may be referring to. Notice the date.

"Airports scrupulously apply the same laughably ineffective airport harassment to Suzy Chapstick as to Muslim hijackers. It is preposterous to assume every passenger is a potential crazed homicidal maniac. We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now. We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and concert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."
--September 12, 2001

I suspect a lot of us said similar things on that date. But I'll bet wherever you read she said that, the date wasn't mentioned.

I'd like to see some actual quotes from her actual columns that people disagree with, as opposed to allusions to things they've HEARD she said.
None of these are things someone told me she said, it is all things I've seen and heard her say. Sure the remark she made was a joke why does that make it different? So lets say some white guy (clearly being white as clear as Edwards is heterosexual) is called the N word for liking fried chicken or some other racial stereotype, that to me is pretty much the same as Coulter calling him a "faggot" for his $400 haircut. I was not referring to any article for when she said she supports killing civilians it was on hardball, I watched the whole thing so it was not out of context.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 08-18-2007, 12:55 AM   #15

Default sorry...

Quote:
Well whoever this was did a great job impersonating her:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SCeqZLrhkvQ

And this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=60xDmowdTCA

Both instances I eluded right there from her mouth to our ears.
Sorry, I can't respond to that. I can't see it. I don't have a computer; I do this on my BlackBerry, and it doesn't have video capability.

If you're wondering why I'm pursuing this, here's why: I used to say the same things you guys do. I found Coulter brittle and unpleasant when I saw her on TV, and said the same things--shrill, hateful, nasty, all that--and then a guy challenged me to actually read more than one or two of her columns. The first thing I noticed was something her critics studiously avoid mentioning: she's incredibly funny. Sure, you take a remark completekly out of context, and it sounds nasty--but when you read the whole column, it's caustic and outrageous--but makes you laugh out loud.

That guy did me a favor, and I'm just passing it on. If you don't like her style, fine; no harm, no foul, not everybody likes Mel Brooks either. But I can't help suspecting that you guys have never really read more than a paragraph or two pulled out to show how "hateful" she is. I didn't like her, either, till I started to read her--then I was hooked.

By the way--i don't know what was in those video clips, but I've seen some of those that were carefully edited to make her look bad, too. She's supposed to have said she hopes Edwards would get killed in a terrorist attack--but when you see the whole quote, you realize you've been had. It's not hard to do.

All I'm saying is don't believe everything you read or hear or even see. Go to the source and judge for yourself. I could be wrong, but I don't think you have.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:05 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have seen the "she hopes Edwards would get killed in a terrorist attack" incident and that was a total hack job, not something I would say in any context but the media did completely skew it. I have read numerous articles she has written and they did not give me the desire to read any more, and then I see her on hardball condoning the killing of innocent civilians (this was very recent mind you) and that was it for me. If you enjoy her more power to you, she however is not my cup of tea.

On an unrelated note, are callers to the Sean Hannity radio show forced to call him a great American or whatever they do? I caught a bit of his show for the first time and every caller said that, I found it pretty funny. Hannity for a lack of a better term is a complete imbecile in my book.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 08-18-2007, 01:29 AM   #17

Default okay.

Quote:
I have seen the "she hopes Edwards would get killed in a terrorist attack" incident and that was a total hack job, not something I would say in any context but the media did completely skew it. I have read numerous articles she has written and they did not give me the desire to read any more, and then I see her on hardball condoning the killing of innocent civilians (this was very recent mind you) and that was it for me. If you enjoy her more power to you, she however is not my cup of tea.

On an unrelated note, are callers to the Sean Hannity radio show forced to call him a great American or whatever they do? I caught a bit of his show for the first time and every caller said that, I found it pretty funny. Hannity for a lack of a better term is a complete imbecile in my book.
I'd like to read a transcript of her remarks on Hardball. Chris Matthews is one of the most dishonest "reporters" on television.

I don't care for Hannity either; he tends to put words in people's mouths and debate positions they don't hold. As for the "great American" business, I think it's just a tagline, like "megadittoes, Rush." I don't listen to either of them. I like Dennis Prager and Michael Medved. But then, I'm Jewish...

(Michael Savage is, or was, Jewish too--but now he's a Nazi. Now HE'S hateful.)

Old 08-18-2007, 01:38 AM   #18

Default I love Ann!

She is my hero. She has a national forum to say what many of us are thinking. Sure, she goes a little far at times, but I agree with about 98% of what she says.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:40 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
http://www.anncoulter.com/ every Thursday.

Her writing style is admittedly ascerbic; she has a biting wit that can put off many people. I find her stories amusing but rarely informative (because she writes about stuff that happened in the previous week).
Okay, that's fair. I like a little acid with my chuckles, especially about liberals. "Senator Kennedy, we'll drive off that bridge when we come to it..."

As far as commenting on the previous week--well, no offense, but "duh"--she's a columnist, not a reporter.

How do you feel about George Will? I like him, except he's pretty soft on gun control.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:44 AM   #20

Default And John Edwards makes me sick

Ann calls him the "Breck Girl" and it fits. He made millions chasing ambulances and "channeling dead babies" to pathetically ignorant jurors who "stuck it to" all thos evil doctors who spent their entire careers trying to save lives. Mr Edwards is one of the reasons that many OB/GYN doctors are QUITTING. They can no longer afford the malpractice rates. There is nothing Ann can say about Edwards that is HALF as nasty as he actually is.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.