Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Great quote from Ann Coulter (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/great-quote-ann-coulter-1738/)

cnorman18 08-17-2007 07:18 PM

Great quote from Ann Coulter

I'm reading Ann Coulter's book, "How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)," and I ran across a great quote:

"When they're running for office, all Democrats claim to support tax cuts (for the middle class), to support gun rights (for hunters), and to "personally oppose" abortion. And then they get into office and vote to raise taxes, ban guns, and allow abortions if a girl can't fit into her prom dress.
"The common wisdom holds that "both parties" have to appeal to the extremes during the primary and then move to the center for the general election. To the contrary, both parties run for office as conservatives. Once they have fooled the voters and are safely in office, Republicans sometimes double-cross the voters. Democrats always do."

If you're a conservative and you've never read Coulter's column, you're missing some great commentary--and some great belly laughs. There's no one better at exposing liberal hypocrisy and illogic with sharp, right-on-the-money remarks and observations. Liberals hate her guts--and that's reason enough to read her, right there.

BLS33 08-17-2007 08:29 PM

I'm as conservative as they come and absolutely HATE Ann Coulter. She is nothing more than a hateful worthless pundit in my mind.

cnorman18 08-17-2007 09:06 PM

why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLS33 (Post 6740)
I'm as conservative as they come and absolutely HATE Ann Coulter. She is nothing more than a hateful worthless pundit in my mind.

What has she written that you disagree with?

Sounds to me like you've read more of what other people say ABOUT her than what she has to say herself.

BLS33 08-17-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnorman18 (Post 6742)
What has she written that you disagree with?

Sounds to me like you've read more of what other people say ABOUT her than what she has to say herself.

I try and make it a habit to not read her drivel. But I have heard her say that she supports the killing of innocent civilians to win the war in Iraq. She also attacks people in any type of opposition to her with childish tactics, not taking on the issues but taking it to a personal level. Calling John Edwards a certain expletive referring to homosexuals and defending it calling it a school yard taunt :rolleyes: She is a sharp women but she deals in hate and I'm not interested in it.

notdku 08-17-2007 09:34 PM

I agree that Ann Coulter is a hack. I've read her column and it's a complete hook, line and sinker writing style. She writes to get readers, not to express true thoughts. Same with Sean Hannity. Rush I listen to and like but those two; Coulter and Hannity, complete frauds, say whatever, write whatever just to get ratings.

cnorman18 08-17-2007 10:06 PM

I'll ask again:

Quote:

Originally Posted by notdku (Post 6746)
I agree that Ann Coulter is a hack. I've read her column and it's a complete hook, line and sinker writing style. She writes to get readers, not to express true thoughts. Same with Sean Hannity. Rush I listen to and like but those two; Coulter and Hannity, complete frauds, say whatever, write whatever just to get ratings.

Again: What has she written that you disagree with? Or what has she said that you don't think is a "true thought"?

She quite deliberately writes to provoke and inflame liberals, who can typically respond only with insults (much like I've read here, oddly enough). I think of Coulter as the exact counterpart of Al Franken and Randi Rhodes--except that
Coulter doesn't lie like a bear rug, as they do. She is often deliberately misquoted and lied ABOUT, though.

Hateful? Well, she pisses liberals off without mercy, generally by exposing their hypocrisy, deceptions, and outright lies. She's routinely denounced as "hateful" by people who think Franken and Rhodes are funny as hell. For myself, I think SHE is as funny as hell--and if she makes the liberals spitting-mad, that's just fine with me.

So, again: What has she said that you don't like, and why?

BLS33 08-17-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnorman18 (Post 6752)
Again: What has she written that you disagree with? Or what has she said that you don't think is a "true thought"?

She quite deliberately writes to provoke and inflame liberals, who can typically respond only with insults (much like I've read here, oddly enough). I think of Coulter as the exact counterpart of Al Franken and Randi Rhodes--except that
Coulter doesn't lie like a bear rug, as they do. She is often deliberately misquoted and lied ABOUT, though.

Hateful? Well, she pisses liberals off without mercy, generally by exposing their hypocrisy, deceptions, and outright lies. She's routinely denounced as "hateful" by people who think Franken and Rhodes are funny as hell. For myself, I think SHE is as funny as hell--and if she makes the liberals spitting-mad, that's just fine with me.

So, again: What has she said that you don't like, and why?

I cited 2 things she has said that I either disagree with or is hateful.

cnorman18 08-17-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLS33 (Post 6744)
I try and make it a habit to not read her drivel. But I have heard her say that she supports the killing of innocent civilians to win the war in Iraq. She also attacks people in any type of opposition to her with childish tactics, not taking on the issues but taking it to a personal level. Calling John Edwards a certain expletive referring to homosexuals and defending it calling it a school yard taunt :rolleyes: She is a sharp women but she deals in hate and I'm not interested in it.

"But I have heard..."

As I thought, you're reading what others have said about her and not her own words.

David Letterman once told Bill O'Reilly that he thought about 60% of what he said was crap--then admitted he'd never watched the show. In other words, he was going by what the (overwhelmingly liberal) press told him. How are you different?

I'll stand by my opinion; when you've read more of her work, I'll be happy to discuss yours. Till then, it's not really your opinion anyway, is it? It's someone else's.

I wrote my original post to encourage conservatives who haven't read her work to read it--not to invite comment from those who refuse to.

notdku 08-17-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnorman18 (Post 6752)
She quite deliberately writes to provoke and inflame liberals

All she is is a shock writer. She regurgitates borrowed commentary just in new form to get a rise. It's not her underlying message, it's her writing style. She's exactly the same as the Far-Left media nuts just trying to get a rise out of people so people read her column so she can cash in plus sell her books.

I know it's surprising to you but there are people like us out there who hate the Left but can't stand these Right media nuts as well who use the same tactics soley to cash in on the growing divide caused a lot in part by Far Left and Far Right media.

They listen to Rush in the morning then create a spin on his thoughts to get their own coverage. Hacks.

BLS33 08-17-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnorman18 (Post 6754)
"But I have heard..."

As I thought, you're reading what others have said about her and not her own words.

David Letterman once told Bill O'Reilly that he thought about 60% of what he said was crap--then admitted he'd never watched the show. In other words, he was going by what the (overwhelmingly liberal) press told him. How are you different?

I'll stand by my opinion; when you've read more of her work, I'll be happy to discuss yours. Till then, it's not really your opinion anyway, is it? It's someone else's.

I wrote my original post to encourage conservatives who haven't read her work to read it--not to invite comment from those who refuse to.

Well whoever this was did a great job impersonating her:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SCeqZLrhkvQ
And this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=60xDmowdTCA
Both instances I eluded right there from her mouth to our ears.