Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Great News! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/great-news-29695/)

AusLach 07-26-2010 07:38 AM

Great News!

After 6 months of constant parties and noise I'm finally moving out of the student accommodation I was living in, to a nice unit near the beach with my girlfriend for even less money than what I was paying! I'm still going to go to Uni (or college as you guys call it), but I'll now have a place of my own.

And even better, I can install a safe in the new place and reunite myself with my rifles! Also, with the money saved on rent I'm hoping to be able to join the Gold Coast Gun Club which will be just down the road and hopefully try my hand at pistol shooting, which thanks to you guys I've become really interested in :p

Seriously excited :D

Gojubrian 07-26-2010 08:14 AM

That's great!!! Can't wait to read how you like handgun shooting. :)

spittinfire 07-26-2010 10:53 AM

Glad to hear you're getting some better digs. Let us know how the pistol shooting goes!

Jo da Plumbr 07-26-2010 01:59 PM

Always nice to hear good news. Post up some pics, especially of the new safe.

amoroque 07-26-2010 03:17 PM

Oh man, living near the beach in Australia as a college student and shooting guns?? that must be really hard on you!!! j/k.

Congrats on the new place, let us know how the move goes! Don't have too much fun! LOL

CA357 07-26-2010 04:36 PM

Congratulations on the new digs. Let us know how you like handgun shooting.

...and don't forget to study. ;)

AusLach 07-27-2010 05:37 AM

Study???

What is the meaning of this 'study' word you speak of?? :D

Haha thanks for the kind words guys, and yeah amoroque, it really is a hard life for me at the moment!

I'm going to have to wait a month or two before joining the GCGC unfortunately, as Uni started again this week after holidays so its going to take me a while to get used to it and build up some money again I think!

Thanks again fellas

zhuk 07-27-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AusLach (Post 320400)
After 6 months of constant parties and noise I'm finally moving out of the student accommodation I was living in, to a nice unit near the beach with my girlfriend for even less money than what I was paying! I'm still going to go to Uni (or college as you guys call it), but I'll now have a place of my own.

And even better, I can install a safe in the new place and reunite myself with my rifles! Also, with the money saved on rent I'm hoping to be able to join the Gold Coast Gun Club which will be just down the road and hopefully try my hand at pistol shooting, which thanks to you guys I've become really interested in :p

Seriously excited :D

Woohoo, good one mate!! I'm really happy for ya :D

Know how sort of troppo you were going without being able to shoot...and having your girl close by well that's just an added bonus isn't it? ;)

I GUARANTEE you are going to get seriously addicted to pistol shooting, btw...so much fun that even the small mountain of bureaucracy we must endure can't dissuade...that's a promise!

zhuk 07-27-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr (Post 320478)
Always nice to hear good news. Post up some pics, especially of the new safe.

Yeah, pics of the new safe will be mandatory Aus - I can't be the only one to shamelessly flaunt mine about :o

As an aside - The Firearms Registry received my handgun PTA all safe n sound - now comes the inevitable waiting. Hopefully I will be able to actually get possession of the gun before the 3 months is up lol

AusLach 07-31-2010 07:04 AM

Update

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, my girlfriend and I signed the lease today!

We've been just about living out of a car for a few days while the previous occupants moved out lol but today we picked up the keys and started hauling all our crap in! We haven't got any furniture in yet but that'll be coming during the week so in the meantime I've decked out the kitchen and set up a study room for myself in the second bedroom.

No pictures yet other than some ones I took when initially looking at the place, the camera's lost somewhere at the moment, no doubt I'll find it when we unpack some more. Here's the view off the balcony but, and the beach is only two blocks away, you can hear it during the night.

As you can imagine, I'm pretty stoked at the moment