Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   The Great Moral Dilemma Thread (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/great-moral-dilemma-thread-70948/)

TWMIM 08-23-2012 02:32 PM

The Great Moral Dilemma Thread

Here is the thread to present a moral dilemma, and members must debate.

"What's he talking about?"

"I'm not sure..."

Some of you seem unsure as to what I mean. Sooo...

You just got a new job at the hairdryer factory. You are the quality control guy, you inspect the heating elements. That's your job.

But wait. You notice that the warning label cutter is malfunctioning. It has removed the "Do not" from the "Do not use in the shower" sticker.

Thousands of really stupid people MAY attempt to use the hairdryer in the shower if you do not act.

Explain your actions, and add a dilemma.

TWMIM 08-23-2012 02:40 PM

You prepped TOO well for the zombie apocalypse. You've been alone in a bunker for 8 months now, and still have adequate ammo and beef jerky. You've slain so many zombies, that Google Earth show a giant ring, 3 football fields in width, around your position.

It's been 8 months. No human contact.

Aw, dammit. A zombie is approaching. You shoulder up, check the scope.

Wait.

It's a recently zombified Kate Upton. She must have been bitten during a bikini photoshoot. Other than a slightly bluish hue, she is intact.

It's been 8 months....

Do you reach for the 1911, or the aftershave?

TWMIM 08-23-2012 02:49 PM

You are trapped on a deserted island. Or so you thought.

Your research prep has told you that two beings inhabit this island. Cannibals, and Pandas.

You happen along a tribe. They greet you, bring you to the fire. You sit.

They pass you a shell filled with a delicious drink, and cannibal girls dance for your delight. They think you are a god that fell from the sky, and you are safe.

They present an offering. Some meat on a stick.

You've had nothing but coconuts for the past 4 months. And this smells gooood.

Could be Panda meat.

Could be Joe.

You've never eaten either, so you just don't know.

To eat or not to eat?

TWMIM 08-23-2012 02:58 PM

Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and a photograph of Ronald Reagan are trapped in a burning building. You can only save one.

Choose....

Dillinger 08-23-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWMIM (Post 913072)

You just got a new job at the hairdryer factory. You are the quality control guy, you inspect the heating elements. That's your job.

But wait. You notice that the warning label cutter is malfunctioning. It has removed the "Do not" from the "Do not use in the shower" sticker.

Thousands of really stupid people MAY attempt to use the hairdryer in the shower if you do not act.

Explain your actions, and add a dilemma.

I think this would first depend on my personal view of doing the job right. If I was still idealistic that this was the company and job for me, I absolutely raise the alarm and halt production speaking to insure company reputation and countless thousands in lawsuits.

However if this were 3 or 4 years in, with no raises, no bonuses, no chance at a promotion and I was already one foot out the door with a new job prospect, I would probably file the necessary paperwork and call it a day.

Dilemma - For the youngsters running around. You have been graced by the Gods and a new hottie has moved into your neighborhood. After some casual conversation you strike up a flirtatious exchange and after a couple of nights you are very close to sealing the deal.

The gal is lying in your embrace as you are making out and you can tell she has been here before by her actions. As the second button is undone on her jeans she says she has to tell you something.

"I'm not 18, but it's okay, I really like you":eek:

What do you do?

willshoum 08-23-2012 03:00 PM

whats his name.......

Was it Chill wills.......Finaly some one to bring a smile to the faces, To the tribe and warriors of fTf......Let the games begin.......Why is it I feel resurected, with so much bad news, has the savior been reborn......lol.....:eek: :D

Dillinger 08-23-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWMIM (Post 913096)
Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and a photograph of Ronald Reagan are trapped in a burning building. You can only save one.

Choose....

It's obviously not MY burning building, so I choose to keep stepping. I am not risking permanent scarring from fire for a photograph.

Now if it were signed, that is a whole different story. :cool:

Dilemma - you are out bouncing around from stop to stop on a day of acquisitions, no doubt for the zombie invasion, when you find a dropped iPhone in the parking lot where you parked.

As you are examining it, a text comes in and the picture attached is of a very attractive female in quite the state of "au naturale". It would appear she wants to debate various physical tactics of the Kama Sutra.

Do you reply to her request or confess you found the phone?

TWMIM 08-23-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 913097)
I think this would first depend on my personal view of doing the job right. If I was still idealistic that this was the company and job for me, I absolutely raise the alarm and halt production speaking to insure company reputation and countless thousands in lawsuits.

However if this were 3 or 4 years in, with no raises, no bonuses, no chance at a promotion and I was already one foot out the door with a new job prospect, I would probably file the necessary paperwork and call it a day.

Dilemma - For the youngsters running around. You have been graced by the Gods and a new hottie has moved into your neighborhood. After some casual conversation you strike up a flirtatious exchange and after a couple of nights you are very close to sealing the deal.

The gal is lying in your embrace as you are making out and you can tell she has been here before by her actions. As the second button is undone on her jeans she says she has to tell you something.

"I'm not 18, but it's okay, I really like you":eek:

What do you do?

Remember. You are the heating element guy. In fact, butting into warning label guy's job may make you an enemy.

The scenario you presented? Not for all the money in the world. I'm too pretty for prison...

TWMIM 08-23-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willshoum (Post 913099)
Was it Chill wills.......Finaly some one to bring a smile to the faces, To the tribe and warriors of fTf......Let the games begin.......Why is it I feel resurected, with so much bad news, has the savior been reborn......lol.....:eek: :D

It's just a thread, Will. Calm down. And thanks.:D

Dillinger 08-23-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWMIM (Post 913110)
Remember. You are the heating element guy. In fact, butting into warning label guy's job may make you an enemy.

The scenario you presented? Not for all the money in the world. I'm too pretty for prison...

I think I just gafawed! LOL

But I am the heating element Quality Control guy. Quality Control is responsible for quality as a team, of which there is no "I". I stand by my answer. :)