Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Great Dog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 04:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Great Dog

Notice the suspect behind the car, apparently firing a gun - you see the smoke from the muzzle, and a split second later - the Shepherd Police Dog leaps across the roof of the auto, clamps onto the suspect, and brings him down so quickly - you'll watch it several times to really appreciate the valor of this dog.
This police dog is so fast, you have to watch this a few times to appreciate it. Go dog, go!!
http://i35.tinypic.com/2nr08ck.gif

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #2

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!

My hats off to the pooch! Any info as to the unit, city or location of this shooting?

Are you sure this isn't a training film? Not one misstep including the required clearing of the car.

Extremely opportune camera angle and the BG appears to have protective clothing on upper body.

Gun smoke a little too obvious and may be a training trigger for the dog's focus.

Any K9 linked LEO's care to jump in here?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 01-23-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

This clip is part of a longer video found here

They are French K9s. I would be more afraid of those dogs than their little cop cars that go, " DOO doo DOO doo"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 01-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #4

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
This clip is part of a longer video found here YouTube - Intense Dog Training
They are French K9s. I would be more afraid of those dogs than their little cop cars that go, " DOO doo DOO doo"
Frogs with guns, now there's a worthless waste of armament!

Frog cops with German dogs, I wonder who carries who?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Are police dogs considered police? What I'm asking, I guess, is there a more severe penalty for shooting a police dog?

Should a dog die in the line of duty, is it given the same honors as a human officer?

I know some departments were issuing vests to dogs, an idea that should have been implemented a long time ago.

Never thought to look into this, but I love dogs.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #6

holy....! yeah that thing is fast. most impressive. the french havent done anything that awe inspiring since they invented the cabaret...

Old 01-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Are police dogs considered police? What I'm asking, I guess, is there a more severe penalty for shooting a police dog?

Should a dog die in the line of duty, is it given the same honors as a human officer?

I know some departments were issuing vests to dogs, an idea that should have been implemented a long time ago.

Never thought to look into this, but I love dogs.
Police dogs are absolutely considered police officers, sometimes, even referred to as officers. A police dog killed in the line of duty is given a full police funeral/burial just as they would for a human police officer. Intentional assault or killing of a police dog is a felony and carries the same penalties for that of a human police officer. More and more departments are issuing vests to dogs and even issue them badges.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 01-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

That's incredibly cool.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #9

thats awesome!!! police dogs are most def polica officers

Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I know that the thread is over a year old, but I just saw it at the bottom of another thread and just had to look at it. Yes, it is a training film, if you look at the "bad guy" he is wearing the top half of a "bite suit." Also, it looks more like a Malinois (one of the 4 types of Belgian Shepherd), sometimes better known as malingators. The are also known as the Ferraris of the Police Dog world. They are very tenacious and hard charging. Some handlers use copper pipes as rewards for the Mals when the get "positive finds". Their bite pressure is so great that they go through Jute rolls (what I use), rubber hose, and pvc pipe in nothing flat. They are very high speed, low drag. Without a "job" they can be very destructive trying to use up all of their energy. For the most part, they are not good as pets.

Yes police dogs are considered officers. At the National Law Enforcement Memorial services held in Washington DC each year in May, there are also tributes to K9's who gave their life in the line of duty. Their names are not etched on the "Wall", but they are remembered just the same. The dog biscuit wreath is amazing.

dsc_0113-compressed.jpg  

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....