Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   The Club House (
-   -   A great deer stand. (

iloveguns 08-25-2008 06:00 PM

A great deer stand.
Thought I would share this with all of you. I kind of liked it. :D

Dillinger 08-25-2008 06:18 PM

Kind of takes the "roughing it" out of the equation - but I give them an A+ for Backwoods Engineering.... LOL

Good find!

BigO01 08-25-2008 07:23 PM

The sad part is that kinda garbage is legal if someone wants to do it , at least only on private land thank God .

I've seen some some pretty elaborate suckers on the edges of the public land I hunt , Built with 2x6's having a roof on them and platforms darn near as big as the deck in that pic overlooking large fields .

I call that Deer watching and shooting not hunting .

Had a neighbor who claimed he hunts from cars up in the trees , story goes the land owner is/was a used car dealer and hoisted them up and strapped them in somehow .

Guy was complaining one year he missed his deer because the window squeaked when he rolled it down to shoot .

cpttango30 08-25-2008 10:20 PM

I don't see the problem with it. If you want to do it then do it.

jeepcreep927 08-25-2008 10:43 PM

I am on board with Big here. This is different than shooting a deer off your lawn how? Guess I had the wrong idea thinking by getting my ass outta bed at 4:30 and trudging around and sitting in below zero temps and rain for as long as I could stand it was hunting.
Hunting this "ain't". This is laziness and anyone who would shoot a deer from this contraption is merely a trigger puller, not a hunter. But opinions are like...

BigO01 08-25-2008 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 37842)
I don't see the problem with it. If you want to do it then do it.

To me calling a person who hoists a mobile home in a tree a hunter is like calling a Terrorist who blows up a grade school full of little kids a Soldier .

Chester 08-26-2008 12:50 AM

I have no problem with it, To each his own. It's not to be considered hunting though, As long as it's legal go for it.

RL357Mag 08-26-2008 01:34 AM

What I object to the most is the referrence to drinking - I've seen too many drunken a-holes in the woods with guns - and all of them leave their garbage and empty beer cans behind for the real outdoorsmen to clean up.

cpttango30 08-27-2008 01:50 AM

Ok is that any worse than the rich guys ordering a heated cooled 10/20 house with 60" plasma tv and Blue ray player and Direct tv with a bathroom and full kitchen. Lazy-boy shooting chairs. That has automatic windows that you can shoot out of.

At least these guys went and did the work themselves.